Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, which means it’s time to start thinking about your look for the special day. Whether you are having a romantic evening with your partner, having a self-love night in, or celebrating with friends, there are numerous ideas for your Valentine’s Day outfit, hair, and makeup.
- Romantic red dress: You’re sure to turn heads in this beautiful red maxi dress from Kohl’s. This sleeveless, mock-neck dress has a tiered hem and fits wonderfully on the body.
- White top and pink ruffled tulle skirt: Pair a nice, solid white blouse or sweater with this pretty pink ruffled tulle skirt from Anthropologie. The rose color is fun, flirty, and stylish.
- Dark pink embroidered mock neck dress: Botanical embroidery makes a stunning statement on a mid-length dress fashioned with a mock neck and cinched waist for contemporary allure. Available at Nordstrom.
- White shirt with denim jeans: Nothing can go wrong with the classic white button shirt with dark denim jeans. Pick up some casual shoes like sneakers, don sunglasses, and if need another layer get a blazer in lilac or burgundy color.
- Formal suit: Nothing surpasses a formal, classy suit on Valentine’s Day. Along with well-gelled hair, a clean or well-groomed face, and polished black shoes, this look is it. Men’s Warehouse has hundreds of options to choose from.
- Cool leather jacket and dark pants: Straightforward, yet stylish, a leather jacket makes anyone feel good. Pair it with a plain t-shirt, dark jeans or pants, a matching belt, and cozy shoes.
French Braid Crown
This Valentine’s Day hairstyle is similar to the three-strand braided crown, however, this hairstyle incorporates two French braids on either side of your head instead of a regular three-strand braid. This simply gives the look a more polished feel, however, we love the bohemian vibe both hairstyles give off. Add some loose waves at the end, and you’re good to go!
Half Up Hair Bow
This bow hairstyle is so unique, and easy to do with some practice. While certainly more whimsical, it’s the perfect hairstyle for you if you’re the more playful type. If you have short or layered hair, you may find the bow difficult to create without flyaways, therefore, be sure to clip in a few hair extensions at the back of your head to help. Watch this video for a wonderful step-by-step tutorial.
Easy Updo for Short Hair
Got short hair, and have no clue what to do with it? Not to fret, we’ve got the perfect updo for you, achieved with only a headband. Choose an embellished headband if you’re looking to keep it glam this Valentine’s Day, or opt for a sultry lace headband for a more feminine vibe. Follow these quick steps to achieve this stylish look.
Pink Smoky Eyes
You can never go wrong with the classic smokey eye. Instead of using the classic brown and black eyeshadows, try pinks to celebrate Valentine’s Day. This fantastic tutorial shows how quick and easy this look is.
Bold Red Lip
Any skin tone can achieve the bold, red lip look, you just have to find the right shade that fits. Fair skin tones should look for a red lip with cool-toned hues like blue and purple that will complement your natural pink undertones. Reds with a touch of orange should be the lip color of choice for medium skin tones, and bright reds or dark cherry lip colors are the best for those with dark skin tones.