A perfect glowy makeup look is one of the most sought-after looks in the summer. Everyone loves that radiant, sun-kissed look; as a bonus, it’s super easy to create! Read on for our favorite dewy makeup products and the five-step tutorial to create that perfect glowy look.
Step One: Prep Your Skin
Prepping your skin is essential for the best, longest-lasting, glowy makeup look. First, use a gentle exfoliator to smooth your skin and remove dead skin cells. Next, put on a highly nourishing moisturizer to seal the hydration on your skin. Add 2-3 drops of your favorite facial oil to your regular moisturizer to make the glow factor even higher.
- Orange You Bright Gentle Vitamin C Exfoliator (Winky Lux) – Ulta Beauty
- Vitamin Enriched Face Base Primer Moisturizer (Bobbi Brown) – Sephora
Step Two: Use a Brightening Primer
An excellent face primer provides a grip for your makeup, helps seal in your skincare products, and helps smooth your skin. Add a small amount of primer, starting from the center of your face towards the outer areas. Allow the primer to sit on your face for 2 to 3 minutes before applying the rest of your makeup. Primer helps to lock in the moisturizer and act as a barrier between your skin and makeup, preventing creasing.
- The POREfessional Pore Minimizing Primer Mini – Ulta Beauty
- Smooth + Blur Primer (Sephora Collection) – Sephora
Step Three: Apply Foundation
Applying foundation over the glowy primer may seem counterproductive, but it helps create a lit-from-within look. The trick is to treat your foundation like concealer, patting and blending it only in places you’d like to decrease the glow from the primer rather than coating your entire face in foundation.
- Original Loose Powder Mineral Foundation (bareMinerals) – Sephora
- Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation (TooFaced) – Ulta Beauty
Step Four: Conceal Your Under-Eye Area
Applying a concealer under your eyes will create an overall glowy complexion and brighten the area around your eyes. Choose a color that is a shade lighter than your foundation. Put on a lightweight concealer under the eyes, along the bridge of the nose, extending up to the center of your forehead, and at the outer corners of the eyes. Blend in an outward motion.
- #FauxFilter Luminous Matte Buildable Coverage Crease Proof Concealer (Huda Beauty) – Sephora
- Hy-Glam Concealer (Natasha Denona) – Ulta Beauty
Step Five: Add Illuminating Color
Add definition and color to your glowy look with shimmery blushes, bronzers, and highlighters. Swipe the blush beneath your cheekbones to define them, pat a lighter shade onto your cheeks, and buff out toward your temples. Put on your bronzer along the sides of your forehead, just under your cheeks, and anywhere the light naturally hits. Lastly, apply the highlighter to the bridge of the nose, the inner corners of your eyes, the Cupid’s bow, and the peaks of your cheekbones.
- Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter (Smashbox) – Ulta Beauty
- NARS Blush – Ulta Beauty
- Matte Monoi Butter Bronzer (Physicians Formula) – Ulta Beauty
- Major Headlines Double-Take Creme & Powder Blush Duo (Patrick Ta) – Sephora
- Amazonian Clay Waterproof Bronzer (tarte) -Sephora
- Sun Dipped Glow Kit (Anastasia Beverly Hills) – Sephora