The frigid temperatures of winter are behind us, and warmer weather is here to stay, so we can spend most of our time in our backyards. Backyards are a wonderful place in the summer to have fun with loved ones, enjoy the fresh air, and relax and unwind. To create the summer oasis of your dreams, combine outdoor lighting, décor, furniture, landscaping, and accessories to suit your unique vision. Here are some tips to help you get started.
Lighting sets the mood for any space; your backyard is no exception. Combine a mix of lighting sources, such as deck lights, bollards, hanging lanterns, candlelight, wall-mounted downlights, dimmable electric lamps, etc., to make your backyard a magical place after dark.
Spaces for Relaxing, Dining, & Entertaining
Make your backyard versatile by transforming it into a place to relax, dine, and entertain. Tables, stools, and firepits are necessary for those who love grilling and cooking, while couches and comfortable chairs are for entertaining. If you want to relax in the great outdoors, consider getting a hammock, chaise lounge, and ottoman. Any one – or all – of these ideas will make your backyard somewhere you won’t ever want to leave.
Incorporate Patterns and Colors
Your backyard is an extension of your home and, therefore, your personality – showcase that by adding décor elements in your unique style. Decide on a color scheme and gather fabrics that are easy to clean, dry quickly, and resist UV rays. Then, buy outdoor pillows in various patterns, sizes, and colors. As a finishing touch, lay down a fashionable outdoor rug.
Add Florals and Plants for the Finishing Touch
The cherry on top of any backyard space is plant and flora life. Your favorite flowers will look lovely in colorful vases and planters around the area. Arrange lush greenery in plant beds or the ground to provide eye-catching centerpieces or much-needed privacy. There are endless possibilities out there!
Addison business for outdoor furniture, décor, lighting, dining, and garden accessories:
- Porter Lighting: Offering lighting products, you will find a lineup of timeless designs mixed with bold, new décor statements and customer favorites.
- Weir’s Furniture: From benches and stools to umbrellas and sofas, there is a variety of outdoor/patio furniture for you to choose from.
- Zuri Furniture: The store provides outdoor tables, chairs, ottomans, fireplaces, rugs, and accessories in various colors and materials.
- Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams: Elegant and high-end patio furniture in various materials, styles, colors, and sizes.
- Neiman Marcus: The famous fashion brand offers stylish décor, colorful dinnerware, planters, garden accessories, high-quality furniture, and accent lighting.