It’s never too late to start school, or go back, but this time it’s esthetician school! What exactly is an esthetician you might ask? According to Vogue College of Cosmetology, “Estheticians are experts in the application of treatments and procedures focused on skincare.”
Estheticians center their attention on cosmetic procedures such as facials, microdermabrasion, hair removal, facials, skin care analysis, exfoliation treatments and moisturizing treatments. The odds are you’ve already visited an esthetician once or twice, or have even tried performing some of the same techniques by yourself at home!
The demand for estheticians is rapidly rising as more and more people continue to invest in their self-care each day. In fact, the overall employment for licensed skincare specialists is projected to grow nearly 30% over the next decade.
It’s the perfect time to step into the profession. What are you waiting for? A sign? More information? Well, here’s both!
Texas Esthetician Requirements
There’s a guideline that must be completed in order to become a registered esthetician in the state of Texas.
1) Complete a 750-hour training schedule that encompasses in-person and hands-on training.
2) Upon completion of the course, you must apply for an esthetician license through the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR). However, at the time of doing so, you must be at least 17 years of age and hold a high school diploma.
3) You must pass two exams—one written and one practical.
4) Texas estheticians are granted the opportunity to gain work experience in medical settings underneath dermatologists or plastic surgeons. They also may work in spas or salons.
5) Akin to any other professional job, you must periodically complete continuing education training, as well as renew your license
Tips for Esthetician Newbies
1) Conduct research. It’s as simple as that! Make sure this is the right fit for you.
2) You’re going to have to build your business from the ground up. Do you think you have the grit?
3) This is similar to number two. Your clientele is going to be largely based on word of mouth. Be prepared to network!
4) Social media is your bestie.
5) Understand retail sales. You’ll be selling your services alongside products.
6) You’ll want to develop a strong web presence. Who doesn’t check Yelp or Google reviews nowadays? I know I do!
7) Learn how to market yourself and how to market yourself well!
8) Patience is a virtue. Look, you’re not going to become an esthetician queen or king overnight.
Register for Esthetician School Today in the Corridor!
Salon Boutique Academy is located in the heart of Addison, and they’re ready to embark on your esthetician journey with you! They follow all of the Texas guidelines and will have you fully certified within 7 to 11 months. Your beauty journey starts here. Call (214) 263-3276 or visit their website for more information!