Five years ago in 2018, Chef Tyson Cole of Uchi, Uchiko and Uchibā, and Chef Aaron Franklin of Franklin Barbeque merged their two loves of Asian and Texas cuisine together to create LORO. LORO is an Asian smokehouse and bar that features grilled and smoked meats with Southeast Asian and Japanese-inspired sauces along with bar drinks including craft beer, boozy slushees, and batch cocktails.
To celebrate 5 years of LORO, on April 4 at 2:00 p.m., all LORO locations will be celebrating with a special Crawfish Boil, beer tasting with local breweries, limited edition birthday merch, and giveaways! A portion of all proceeds will be donated to MD Anderson Cancer Center to support patient care, research, education, and prevention programs. Stop by LORO’s Village on the Parkway location on Tuesday, April 4th to take part in the food and fun. More information on this event is below!
LORO’s 5th Birthday Crawfish Boil:
- When: Tuesday April 4 starting at 2:00 p.m.
- Where: All LORO locations – Addison, Austin, Dallas, Houston
- What: One day crawfish boil to celebrate 5 years of LORO with a percentage of proceeds being donated to MD Anderson Cancer Center. Guests can purchase a plate of crawfish to enjoy on LORO’s expansive patios and enjoy free tastings from local beer partners. Crawfish plates cost $18 and include a pound of crawfish, corn, potatoes and Thai sausage, with each location putting their own special spin on the special. In Houston, you can expect a Birria Style Boil “Super” Butter; in Austin, a garlic butter Louisiana Style Boil; in Addison, a spicy Tamari & Fish Sauce Boil with black garlic and Korean chili butter; and in Dallas, a Chinese Hot Pot Boil with Szechuan garlic butter.
- Beer Sponsors: Each location is partnering with local breweries to provide complimentary tastings; partners include:
- Addison: Bitter Sisters & Westlake Brewing
- Austin: Pinthouse, Meanwhile Brewing Co., Zilker Brewing Co., St. Elmo Brewing, & ABGB
- Dallas: Tupps Brewery & Community Brewing Co.
- Houston: Eureka Heights, City Orchard Cider, Saint Arnold & Equal Parts
- LORO Merch: Custom LORO t-shirts will be available for purchase with all proceeds being donated to MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Giveaways: Raffles for LORO gift cards and Uchi Omakase tastings will be taking place throughout the day with all proceeds being donated to MD Anderson Cancer Center.