Halloween is the one night of the year when you can go all out and become a whole other person. Depending on your preference, you can go cute, scary, silly, or glam for your look. To add a little extra something to your costume or create an entire look alone, create a spooky or stylish look with makeup. Here are just a few ideas you can try this Halloween.
Simple yet stylish, this glam gothic look is perfect for those wanting to embrace the supernatural this Halloween. As a bonus, you probably have most, if not all, of the makeup needed to create the look. Look at this photo for reference. To start:
- Apply foundation and a very light powder to get clear, pale skin.
- Apply liquid eyeliner and mascara to make your eyes pop.
- Using red eyeshadow, apply all around the eyes, including inside towards the nose and outwards towards your ears.
- Finish the dramatic look by applying bright red lipstick.
Cracked Pumpkin Makeup
This is Halloween, this is Halloween, pumpkins scream in the dead of night! This cool jack-o-lantern look not only mixes the classic pumpkin with elements of a skull, but it’s pretty easy to create. In addition to the typical makeup products such as foundation, liquid liner, sponges, and brushes, you will also need orange and black face paint and a fall-inspired eyeshadow palette like this one from Ulta Beauty. For a basic tutorial, click HERE.
Cute Kitty Cat or Leopard
For a purr-fect makeup look that effortlessly partners with an all-black outfit and cat ears, try your hand at a kitty cat or leopard look. It’s a great fallback look if you’re in a hurry and need something cute and easy. Products you will need are lid primer, eyeliner, lipstick, contour and highlighter, pressed powder, and colorful eyeshadow. For a step-by-step tutorial, go with this one from Twist Me Pretty.
Lady Head Vase
Take advantage of the famous face vases by mimicking this dramatic makeup look from Keiko Lynn. It’s a beautiful style that will make you feel chic and fashionable. Follow these steps:
- Start with a freshly moisturized and primed face, then soften your clown white makeup by slightly heating it with a blow dryer.
- Apply all over with a brush or sponge, then set with powder.
- Spray hair with white hair spray.
- Use black liquid liner to line your eyes, outline and fill your brows, and add details.
- Add lashes and red lipstick.
- Stick roses or flowers of your choice in your hair to resemble a vintage lady head vase, and you’re done!