1. Enjoy Gulf seafood favorites and live blues music at Nate’s Seafood Happy Hour! Happy hour specials are offered Monday through Friday from 3 pm – 7 pm, Saturday 11 am – 4 pm, and Sunday from 12 pm – 4 pm. Pair a $1 off beer with calamari or crawfish and enjoy your evening at this local restaurant.
2. Check out the weekly chalkboard specials at Anaya’s Seafood while you enjoy one of their craft cocktails. Their Blackberry French and Signature Margarita are offered year-round, and rotating seasonal drinks are displayed on the weekly chalkboard. Happy Hour at Anaya’s takes place every Monday through Friday from 12 pm to 6 pm, and all day Sunday!
Craving something sweet? These dessert spots are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
3. Choose from dozens of toppings to create your own cinnamon roll, brownie, or cookie dough at Cinnaholic. They also offer a seasonal menu, with rotating options throughout the year. My favorite is the Cookie Monster Roll – a cinnamon roll piled high with cream cheese frosting, homemade chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate chips, and chocolate sauce. And a bonus? Everything is made free of dairy, eggs, and cholesterol!
4. Sweets and science are combined at Creamistry, where liquid nitrogen ice cream is made-to-order for each customer. Choose your base of milk, non-dairy, or sorbet, your ice cream flavor, and toppings for a truly unique ice cream sundae.
5. The weekends are always exciting at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub & Grill, where live bands are featured each week starting at 10 pm and continuing late into the night. A large selection of draft and bottled beer are offered, along with delicious craft cocktails and wine. Don’t worry if you get hungry, because Sherlock’s offers a variety of finger food to snack on while you enjoy the music.
Arts and Entertainment
Support local artists this week in the Corridor.
6. From fine art to up-and-coming local artists, Southwest Art Gallery has it all. The 16,000-foot gallery displays art from hundreds of artists who work in a broad range of styles. If you decide to purchase a piece, you can have their designers create a custom frame to match.
7. The Art Gallery Inc showcases women artists in a space that gives back to charity. 10% of all purchases made goes to charity, creating even more of an incentive to support local women. Styles of art include oil paintings, contemporary, large-scale wall art, figures, and more.