There’s always plenty to do in Addison. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo, get crafty with fun Mother’s Day Crafts, and enjoy live music. Here are 7 of the most exciting things to do in the Corridor this week!
Cinco de Mayo is May 5th, get ready to celebrate with tequila and tacos at happy hour.
1. Every Monday – Friday from 3 PM to 6 PM it’s Happy Hour at Vidorra. Enjoy $4 select beers and $5 house wines, as well as half off select appetizers. It’s the perfect time to try their frozen Patron margarita flights or one of their unique margaritas. Grab their queso blanco that comes in a sizzling cauldron while it’s half-off – you won’t be disappointed.
2. Find some of the best Happy Hour deals at Chuy’s. Get their house margarita for only $5.50 and domestic beers for $3.50 from 4 pm – 7 pm every Monday through Friday. Nothing goes better with a margarita than chips and dip, and Chuy’s offers fresh salsas, guacamole, and queso.
3. Lupe Tortilla offers over a dozen different margaritas. Try the Prickly Pear Margarita, made with Cointreau and prickly pear juice, or go with the classic Lupe’s Perfect Margarita. A bonus – Margaritas are only $5 during Happy Hour! Every Monday through Friday from 3 pm to 6:30 pm you can grab these great drink deals.
You don’t have to drink to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Check out these Latin food spots to celebrate alcohol-free.
4. For delicious food, and a friendly neighborhood environment, visit El Rincon Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar. Start your meal with one of their mouth-watering appetizers such as the Chile Con Queso or Quesadillas with your choice of meat. Main courses include classics such as Fajitas, a wide selection of Enchiladas suited for meat-eaters and vegetarians, and tacos stuffed with meat or seafood.
5. Nico Sanchez, the executive chef of Meso Maya Comida Y Copas, delivers a culinary experience when you visit one of his restaurant locations. The Addison location is found off of Beltline and offers dine-in and take-out. Prepare for a unique and delicious menu, with entrees including chicken, pork, steak, and seafood dishes. One of the standout dishes is Short Rib Relleno, an egg-battered chile poblano filled with queso fresco, a traditional tomato broth, and a short rib guiso in chile pasilla.
Enjoy great food and music this week in the Corridor.
6. For live music and fine dining, check out Table 13. With live performances by Marc Touissant and other local artists and a Reader’s Choice Awards-winning bartender, you’re sure to have a night to remember. Table 13 serves up classic entrees such as Beef Wellington, Steak Diane, Filet Mignon, Shrimp Scampi, and more. The restaurant is open Monday through Thursday from 11 am – 10 pm, Friday from 11 am – 11 pm, and Saturday from 5 pm – 11 pm. Call today to make a reservation for this weekend!
Arts and Entertainment
7. Mother’s Day is coming up, so it’s the perfect week to spend some creative time making something for your mom. View four fun craft ideas here.