Sweet pastries and coffee have one thing in common: Over time they can have a negative effect on your teeth. Sweets can cause gingivitis at your gums and it can add plaque bacteria buildup. If coffee is your kryptonite just remember that it can stain your pearly whites. Even if you do not drink coffee but you drink wine it can still definitely have stains. The same goes with pastries because if you choose to eat citrus fruits they can break down your enamel which eventually weakens your teeth.
A few bad teeth habits include chewing on ice, opening packages with your teeth, biting your nails, or even simply brushing your teeth too hard. Thankfully, you can use this as your reminder and as your guide to check out a few places that offer great teeth cleaning services.
Tips for healthy teeth:
- Use fluoride toothpaste: Fluoride toothpaste can fight the bacteria that prevents tooth decay.
- Make sure you floss: Flossing has its benefits. If you neglect this step when it comes to your oral health, consider the fact that flossing can reduce plaque and stimulate your gums while also lowering any inflammation.
- Drink water: This is the typical rule when it comes to your overall health, but drinking water, especially after meals, it can get rid of acidic elements that are on your teeth from your recent meal.
- Really try to limit sugars and acidic foods: As mentioned before, sugars and acidic foods break down your enamel and can cause your teeth to weaken. By eating more vegetables that are filled with Vitamin C it can help protect your gums from cell damage and infections.
- Brush your teeth before: It is understandable that you have had a long day, but give yourself a pep talk before bed in order to brush for at least two minutes in a circular motion. Creating healthier teeth habits will pay off and once you start noticing the benefits you will thank yourself.
- Get regular cleanings at the dentist: Visit the Addison Dental Group with Dr. Tuan Chau. He provides many services such as preventative dentistry, cleanings and exams, teeth whitening, fillings, root canals, extractions, and more. Also, visit BSW Orthopedics of Dallas for a routine checkup to make sure that you are doing everything that you need to take care of yourself.