This weekend, spend some time enjoying all that Addison has to offer. Whether you’re looking to try a new restaurant, dance to live music, or enjoy a day out with your family, you’re to find something you’ll enjoy. Here are 7 things to do this week in the Corridor!
Ready for the weekend? Kick it off with great deals at Happy Hour!
1. Check out the weekly chalkboard specials at Anaya’s Seafood while you enjoy one of their craft cocktails. Their Blackberry French and Signature Margarita are offered year-round, and rotating seasonal drinks are displayed on the weekly chalkboard. Happy Hour at Anaya’s takes place every Monday through Friday from 12 pm to 6 pm, and all day Sunday!
Did you know that Addison has more restaurants per capita than any other city in the US? That’s a lot to choose from! Make it a goal to try a restaurant you haven’t been to this week.
2. If you haven’t tried Ethiopian food – you need to try Queen of Sheba. This vegan-friendly restaurant offers food for all palettes, and you’re guaranteed to find something delicious. The Queen’s Appetizer Sampler is a great way to try their house favorites, including Sambusa (ground beef and lentils in a crispy pastry), their breaded mozzarella, and more. For your entree, you can choose between their selection of vegan, fish, chicken, lamb, and veggie options.
3. For authentic Indian food, Sigree Indian Cuisine is a great choice. Their menu offers an array of South Indian and Indo Chinese dishes, including Saag Paneer, Egg Curry, Chicken Tikka Masala, and more. Entrees come with your choice of naan, roti, or rice. Don’t forget to pair your meal with a Mango Lassi – you won’t be disappointed.
Looking for live music? Addison’s music scene never disappoints!
4. If you’re looking for late-night dancing and live music, Saturdays at Gloria’s are for you. Every Saturday, put on your best outfit, grab your closest friends, and head to Gloria’s for live local Latin bands and Salsa dancing until 2:00 am. The cover charge is $15, or you can upgrade to a VIP Table with Bottle Service. The dress code is enforced – so make sure you’re dressed to impress in smart, upscale style.
Arts and Entertainment
Grab your friends or family and plan for a fun-filled weekend in the Corridor!
5. Goat Yoga is back at Addison Circle Park with Be My Valentine Goat Yoga! Attend this hour-long yoga class with the company of goats. Drinks and treats will follow the yoga session along with a meet and greet with the goats. A bonus – all proceeds directly benefit these animals! Tickets start at $20, and you can purchase tickets here.
6. Take a cooking class with SideChef! Their classes are guided by culinary experts, from cooking show contestants and executive chiefs to influential home cooks and even kid chefs. Learn new tips, tricks, and techniques that will sharpen your skills and make you an expert in the kitchen. The best part? The classes are all on-demand and can be done in the comfort of your own home. Find out more about their membership here.
7. Take a walk around Vitruvian Park. This park is made up of 19 acres of green space that showcase a spring-fed creek, public art, live performance venues, and dramatic water features. The walkway meanders along the creek and connects to other regional trails. There’s always something to do and see at Vitruvian Park, so stop by this weekend for some time outside.