Cold weather doesn’t slow Addison down! There is still plenty to do despite the frosty weather. Combat the cold with a hot meal at some of our favorite spots, or see some live entertainment this weekend. Here are 7 things to do this week to stay warm and have fun.
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere! There are plenty of places to celebrate Happy Hour after work in Addison.
1. Lazy Dog is a Village on the Parkway Favorite that features Happy Hour every Monday through Friday from 3 pm to 6 pm, and Sunday through Thursday from 9 pm to 11 pm. There are plenty of draft beers to choose from, including local options, along with a collection of wines and cocktails.
Warm up with some of our cold-weather favorites in the Corridor.
2. On chilly days, Southern comfort food is a go-to. Ida Claire is known for its Southern comfort classics, including chicken & waffles, shrimp & grits, and Nashville hot chicken. Vegetarians can indulge in Nashville cauliflower, the meat-free version of their hot chicken. Stop by for dinner until 10 pm, or get in as early as 9 am on the weekends for their brunch menu.
3. Hot Italian food always hits the spot on cold days, and Antonio Ristorante has you covered with fresh, authentic Italian cuisine with a French twist. The menu stays updated with seasonal items, farm-fresh ingredients, and daily specials. Try Antonio’s Carbonara, Fettuccine pasta tossed in a cream sauce with black pepper, onions, and white wine, and topped with a poached egg and pancetta. This cold-weather favorite is sure to warm your heart and your stomach.
4. For a different taste of Italy in the heart of Addison, try Serafina’s Italiano. Their pasta classics and chicken, steak, and seafood entrees are made with fresh ingredients sourced from local farmers’ markets. They feature “Date Night” every Thursday, where you get one appetizer, two salads, 2 entrees, a choice of wine, and a choice of dessert for 2 at one price.
Kick off your weekend with live music in the Corridor.
5. See live music every day of the week at Memphis! Memphis features a new artist, band, or DJ every night from 10 pm to 2 pm. Find a new local favorite artist while dining on hot shrimp and crawfish paired with a cold beer.
Arts and Entertainment
Here are some entertainment ideas for this weekend!
6. Coffee, cocoa, candy canes, and goats? Addison Athletic Club is hosting Goat Yoga at Addison Circle Park this Saturday, January 15th! The event starts at 12:00 pm and you’ll get an hour-long yoga class followed by winter drinks and treats and socializing with the goats. Tickets start at $20 – make sure to reserve your spot today!
7. See Outcry’s Theatre’s youth group perform Pippin! This story of one young man’s journey to be extraordinary is a Broadway original brought to Addison Theatre Centre’s stage. There are 4 days of performances from January 13th to January 16th, and tickets start at $10. Be sure to reserve your seat now!