Take a break from holiday preparations to enjoy a boozy cocktail at one of Addison’s many happy hours. This week is also a good night to schedule a date night at a romantic Italian restaurant and see the new exhibit at Southwest Gallery! If you’re in the mood for holiday fun, head to Vitruvian Lights or see Ella’s Swinging Christmas! Learn about all of these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Here’s our favorite happy hour spots in Addison this weekend.
1. Craving tequila? Visit El Rincon Mexican Kitchen & Tequila Bar all day Monday, 3-7 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, and 5 p.m.-close Saturday for happy hour! You can score many drink specials, including $5 house margaritas, $5 sangria ritas, $5 wine by the glass, $4 well cocktails, $3 fireball and crown shots, $3 draft beers, and $2 off all appetizers. Don’t forget to try the Jolly Rita, made with Milagro Blanco, Cointreau, cranberry, lime, rosemary, and simple syrup with a sipper on the side!
2. For margaritas and more, go to Cantina Laredo for happy hour from 4-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Here, you can get $3 domestic drafts, $4 imported drafts, $5 well drinks and house wines, and $6 Casa Ritas. These will pair nicely with their amazing guacamole and queso!
Warm up with Italian food in the Corridor.
3. Make reservations at Serafina’s Italiano this week for a delicious pasta dinner. This Thursday is Date Night, where you can get your choice of Antipasto Traizionale, Crispy Calamari, Burrata Caprese, or two side salads for your appetizer; an entrée of Penne Ala Nan, Lasagna Al Forno, Pollo Valdostana, Chicken Parmigiana, Roasted Salmon, or Paiarda Di Filetto Modenese; your choice of a red or white bottle of wine; and a dessert for two of cheesecake or bananas foster.
4. This week, treat yourself to a delicious dinner at Antonio Ristorante, which is open from 5-9 p.m. Sunday-Thursday, and 5-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday. Here, you can get amazing seafood specials, classic pasta dishes, and chicken and veal entrees that are uniquely seasoned and taste delicious! You can also host your holiday party here. Call 972-458-1010 for more information and to make a reservation.
This weekend is the last special event of the season at Vitruvian Lights!
5. Listen to live music surrounded by gorgeous holiday lights at Vitruvian Lights inside Vitruvian Park, this Saturday from 6-10 p.m. This event will feature live music, gourmet food trucks, sweet treats, free photos with Santa and other holiday characters, an elf balloon artist and more! The event is free and parking is $15 at Vitruvian Park or the Alfred J. Loos Sports Complex.
Arts and Entertainment
Celebrate the arts in Addison this week.
6. See Clinton Broyles’ solo exhibition at Southwest Gallery this Sunday, Dec. 11. According to his bio, “Clinton is consistently exploring the beauty of detail while reflecting on the enduring history of days gone by. His passion to examine the allure of light as it punctuates his meticulous creations, gives reverence to a sense of calm that’s needed today.”
7. Ella’s Swinging Christmas is returning to WaterTower Theatre this weekend! This is a fun celebration of Ella Fitzgerald’s 1960 “Swinging Christmas” album, featuring amazing music from local singer Feleceia Wilson. Now, WaterTower Theatre is presenting this holiday party film, which was recorded on the Terry Martin Main Stage in 2020, for a limited time only. Tickets are available Dec. 9-Dec. 12.