The last weekend before a holiday can be a busy time, filled with grocery shopping, baking, and cleaning to prepare for your guests. But be sure to take some time to yourself this weekend by grabbing a cozy cocktail, listening to live music, or going to a movie in Addison. It’s also your last chance to attend an Addison After Dark event until 2022, and you don’t want to miss it! Learn all about these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
In the mood for a cozy fall drink? Check out these awesome options in Addison.
1. Head to RA Sushi for the amazing Let’s Get Toasted drink, made with Sheep Dog Peanut Butter Whiskey, toasted marshmallow syrup, and ice cream, then topped with whipped cream, marshmallows, and Pocky sticks. You can also order the How ‘Bout Them Apples Punch Bowl or Spritz Up Your Life for a limited time only. You can also come in for happy hour Monday-Saturday from 3-7 p.m. and 10 p.m.-close, and Sunday from 3 p.m.-close.
2. From seasonal coffees to delicious cocktails, Astoria Caffe and Wine Bar is the go-to place for your fall drinks. Try a Pumpkin Spice Latte, Chai Latte, Nutcase Latte, Salted Caramel Cappuccino, Gingerbread Cappuccino, Cinnamon Roll Mocha, Black Forest Mocha, S’more Mocha, or Toffee Coffee Freeze for a limited time. All of these delicious drinks are available with shots added, like Pinnacle Whipped Vodka, Di Amore Italian Amaretto, Kahlua Coffee Rum Liquor, Jameson Irish Whiskey, and more.
Save room for Turkey Day next week with these delicious salads!
3. Go to Salata on your lunch break for a delicious salad customized exactly how you like it. You can choose your lettuce base, veggies, cheese, nuts, fruits, pasta, croutons, dressing, protein, bread, and more for a fantastic salad that will fit every tastebud. Salata also offers wraps and kids meals.
4. Snacks and meals are set at Grabbagreen in Addison, where you can get made-to-order, fresh foods and drinks that are healthy and tasty. Choose from bowls, wraps, salads, smoothies, and breakfast options to fill you up and give you energy all day. Many items are customizable to fit your preferences, so you can go every day and try something new.
Listen to live music every night this weekend at Memphis!
5. Start the weekend off right by heading to Memphis to hear Awed at 10 p.m. Later in the week, Lucky Fingers performs Thursday at 10 p.m. followed by Special Edition Friday at 10 p.m. Finally, Random Axis will take the stage on Saturday at 10 p.m. and Memphis Brass will perform at 6:30 p.m. Monday.
Arts and Entertainment
Head to a fall celebration and see a movie this weekend!
6. The last Addison After Dark event of the year takes place at Addison Circle Park this Saturday! Come to the free Harvest Hootenanny, beginning at 7 p.m., for live music, gourmet food trucks, a petting zoo, an airbrush tattoo, and a hayride trip. The lineup includes live music from James Lann at 7 p.m. and The Bodarks at 8 p.m. You can get food all night from Easy Slider, Taylor’s Sweet Shop, and Waffle O’Licious, as well as the Harvest Fruit Sangria from America’s Finest Beverage Catering.
7. See a movie at AMC Village on the Parkway 9 this weekend! King Richard starring Will Smith is based on the true story of Richard Williams, the father of legendary tennis champions Venus and Serena, who overcame tremendous obstacles to forge a path for his daughters to reach success. Ghostbusters: Afterlife is the next chapter in the Ghostbusters universe, featuring a single mom and her two kids, who arrive in a small town and discover their connection to the original ghostbusters and the legacy their grandfather left behind. Grab some popcorn and buy your tickets today!