The countdown to Christmas has officially begun! Now that Thanksgiving is over, the Corridor is in full holiday mode, with Santa Claus back in town for pictures, Vitruvian Lights glowing, and everyone in a festive mood. Celebrate this joyous season (and give yourself plenty of time to relax, too!) by checking out these 7 Things To Do This Week.
Unwind with happy hour specials in the Corridor.
1. Social Hour happens every Monday-Friday from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. at Sidecar Social. Come in for $4 call drinks and ½ off house wine by the glass. Daily specials include ½-price wine bottles, $3 domestic bottles, $5 martinis, and $5 craft cocktails on tap. Be sure to also try Sidecar’s Boozy Hot Chocolate for just $6 (anytime!), where you can choose from a variety of liquor to add a little kick to your drink. This Sunday from 3-5 p.m., you can also bring your dog for puppy pictures at Santa Paws! He will be on the patio to take free pictures of your pet at this festive event.
2. Come in to Stirr Addison for a cocktail for $3 off every Monday-Friday from 3-7 p.m.! You can also get $2 off wine by the glass and $1 off beer. During happy hour, select shareables and flatbreads are also ½ off. These include the Gorgonzola Waffle Fries, Thai Chili Chicken Wraps, Crispy Calamari, Corkscrew Mac & Cheese, Hot Maple Chicken, Margherita Flatbread, Garlic Chicken Alfredo Flatbread, and more.
Eat lunch or dinner this week with a view of the stunning lights at Vitruvian Park!
3. Visit Vitruvian Park Tavern for a hearty meal this week. Start with roasted garlic hummus or spicy beef empanadas. Then choose from hand-crafted sandwiches, delicious salads, and mouth-watering sides. The restaurant also offers weekend brunch options from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, where you can get delicious things like a smoked salmon bagel, breakfast sandwich, Virtuvian Perk Hash, and brunch burger.
4. Another place to see the Vitruvian Lights while you dine is the Addison Ice House (especially if you sit on the patio). You can get delicious starters, like the chips and queso, mini corndogs, BBQ quesadilla, nachos, and beer pretzels. They also offer salads, burgers, tacos, chicken tenders, bone-in wings, and amazing funnel cake fries.
Dance to live music under the glow of Christmas lights at Vitruvian Park!
5. When you visit Vitruvian Lights this weekend, you’ll be treated to live music and a holiday party as well. This Saturday, from 6-10 p.m., Dallas String Quartet will be performing beautiful holiday music live. There will also be free Santa photos, food trucks, and, of course, plenty of opportunities to walk around and admire the lights. The event is free and parking is $15 cash.
Arts and Entertainment
Santa is back in the Corridor! See him and more this weekend.
6. Welcome back to Addison, Santa! If you want to take pictures with the big guy in red, visit Galleria Dallas to see him inside Santa’s Village. While you’re there, you can also explore the beautiful SNOWDAY DALLAS, take pictures of the country’s tallest indoor Christmas tree, see the beautiful Menorah lit up for Hanukkah, check out Operation Kindness’s pet adoptions, and so much more.
7. Take a break from holiday cheer to see Shuler King at Addison Improv, Thursday-Sunday nights. King is a part-time comedian, part-time licensed funeral director and embalmer for his family’s funeral business in South Carolina, where he still works in order to keep his family’s business and legacy alive. King’s comedy is all about empathizing with pain and bringing people up at the same time. Tickets are available at 8 p.m. Thursday, 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday, and 7:30 p.m. Sunday.