Happy November, Addison! This month brings cooler weather, the excitement of the holiday season, and plenty of fun things to do in the North Dallas Corridor. Grab a happy hour special at Village on the Parkway, order some delicious wings, dance to live music, and check out cool exhibits at local shopping centers! Learn about all these things and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Village on the Parkway is the go-to spot for happy hour specials this week!
1. Meet your friends or co-workers at Vidorra, which offers flavorful Mexican cuisine, a large tequila selection, unique cocktails, and a warm ambiance, perfect for taking pictures for Instagram. Happy hour is from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, where you can get select beers for $4, house wine for $5, Vidorrita for $6 and a large-format Vidorrarita for $30. Select appetizers are also half-price during happy hour.
2. At Gloria’s Latin Cuisine, happy hour happens all day Monday-Wednesday and from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. on Thursday.You can get $6 house margaritas, house mojitos, house wine, and sangria; $7 Spicy Pineapple Margarita, Fresh Guava Margarita, Blush Margarita, Fresh Strawberry Mojito, and Fresh Durazno Mojito; and half-price bottles of wine (all day Sunday-Wednesday).
Perfect for munching on during football games or warming you up on cold days, there are plenty of delicious wing options in Addison!
3. You can’t go wrong with the amazing Wing Boss, located at 3765 Belt Line Road. They have pit-smoked chicken wings that are smoked, fried, then tossed in one of 12+ signature sauces or rubs. The restaurant also offers tenders, hand-cut fries, a variety of delicious sides, group packs for game days, desserts, and signature cocktails to wash it all down. Eat it in store or take it to-go for your next house party.
4. Another fabulous location for wings is The Wing Mac, located at 14925 Midway Road, Suite 102. You can order delicious wing baskets, burgers, chicken tenders, catfish, grilled wings, family style meals, and more. They also offer a variety of mac ‘n’ cheese flavors, French fry options, and tasty sides.
Let your hair down and dance to live music all week at Sidecar Social!
5. The weekend kicks off this Wednesday at Sidecar Social, with Live Band Karaoke starting at 8 p.m. Wednesday. Later in the week, listen to Big Daddy Trio at 7 p.m. Thursday and The After Party at 9 p.m. Friday. This Saturday, dress in your best ‘80s gear and listen to PriMadonna: The Elite Madonna Tribute Bandat 9 p.m. This band will perform some of the biggest hits from the Queen of Pop in a fun show that will have everyone on their feet. Tickets are available online for $25.
Arts and Entertainment
Check out a cool exhibit and help others in need in the Corridor.
6. Are you a Friends fanatic? Then you don’t want to miss the iconic The Friends Experience coming to The Shops at Willow Bend November 4-January 17, 2022. Designed to honor the show’s 25th anniversary (and originally premiering in New York, Chicago, and Atlanta) The Friends Experience offers 12 nostalgia-packed rooms and activations, including the iconic fountain, Central Perk with the orange couch, Rachel and Monica’s apartment, Chandler and Joey’s recliner, Ross’s famous pivot scene, and so much more. Tickets are available online, starting at $32.50 plus tax and fees.
7. The holiday season begins at Galleria Dallas this week, with the Salvation Army Angel Tree and Salvation Army Exhibit opening November 4. First, go to Level 1, North of Center Court to adopt an angel through the Salvation Army Angel Tree to help those in need this holiday season. The first 500 donors to return their gifts to Galleria Dallas will even receive a special commemorative ornament. Then, go to Level 1, across from Sephora, to see the Salvation Army Exhibit and see how he Salvation Army is changing lives in North Texas.