Before the holiday season officially kicks off, spend some time enjoying delicious drinks, live music, and fantastic shows in Addison! This week is also Veteran’s Day, where you can find deals from many Addison restaurants, and the return of Urban Artist Market, a perfect place to shop for early gifts. Learn all about these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Celebrate making it to mid-week with happy hour in Addison!
1. At the Londoner, happy hour happens from 4-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 6-9 p.m. Sunday every week, where you can get $1 off all drinks. This includes their delightful cocktails, like the Strawberry Spritz with Absolut Juice Pear and Elderflower, strawberry puree, lemon juice and club soda; draught, can and bottle beers; wine; whiskey; scotch; and other spirits.
2. Score drink and food specials at Yard House Monday-Friday from 3-6 p.m., Sunday-Thursday from 9:30-11 p.m. and from 11 p.m.-midnight (food only). Happy hour includes $1 off domestic pints and well drinks; $2 off craft and import pint and goblets, Domestic Half Yards; house-crafted cocktails; Fresh & Skinny; mules; call and premium spirits; and wine by the glass; $3 off house martinis; and $4 off craft and import Half Yards. Food specials include half-priced pizzas and select half-price appetizers.
This Thursday is Veteran’s Day! Treat the veteran in your life to one of these specials.
3. Come to Lawry’s The Prime Rib for a special gift for veterans as well as to help out veterans in need! Lawry’s will be donating a portion of all sales on November 11 to a veteran-focused charity called U.S.VETS.According to their website, “U.S.VETS is on a mission to end veteran homelessness in the United States.” Additionally, this organization stated, “We believe all veterans deserve every opportunity to live with dignity and independence.” Consider this your excuse to indulge in Lawry’s amazing appetizers, beef, prime rib dinner, seafood, smokehouse, and a la cart sides.
4. From now through November 11, veterans will receive 25% off dinner at Texas de Brazil for Veteran’s Day. According to their website, this is “Our way of saying thank you for your service!” This is a perfect option for those who enjoy a variety of all-you-can-eat meat and hearty sides. Note: guests must mention they are a veteran to server before dining and provide a valid military ID. Offer is valid for up to six guests per table/reservation and does not include beverages, desserts, tax, or gratuity.
Dance, sing, and have fun at Sanabel’s Mediterranean.
5. Thursday night features Tarab Arabic Classical Music from 10 p.m.-midnight at Sanabel’s Mediterranean,with a minimum spending of $30 per person. Then, every Friday night is Arabic Karaoke (free cover), where you can come and sing your heart out! Finally, Saturdays feature music from a live Middle Eastern band from 11 p.m.-2 a.m.
Arts and Entertainment
Get some holiday shopping done, then see a show in Addison this weekend.
6. The Urban Artist Market Holiday Show returns to Addison this weekend! Come to the Dallas/Addison Marriott Quorum by the Galleria to see the show from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. November 13-14 to shop from local artisans. There will be jewelry, paintings, sculptures, ceramics, clothing, basketry, glass art, photography, mixed media, wood, printmaking, mosaic, and many other fabulous products. This is a great time to pick up something new for your home or do a little early Christmas shopping!
7. See a show at Addison Improv this weekend, when Brendan Schaub: Thiccc Boy Tour stops November 11-13. Schaub is an American stand-up comic, podcast host, and tv personality who currently co-hosts two hit podcasts, and hosts one podcast solo, Below the Belt, which is the number one combat podcasting the world. He also travels around the world performing his stand-up show, has his own Showtime comedy special, and has appeared in other tv shows. Tickets are available at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Friday, and 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday.