October is a busy month as we celebrate Addison Restaurant Month specials, new art and shows, live music, and amazing happy hour deals. Wear your best fall outfit and take some time exploring all the wonderful things are town has to offer, taking pictures of your favorite activities along the way. Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Try a delicious margarita or ice-cold beer at happy hour this week.
1. Happy hour specials at Nate’s Seafood and Steakhouse take place every Monday-Friday from 3-7 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m.-4 p.m., and Sunday from noon-4 p.m. During these times, you can get $1 off most liquor, $2.50 domestic pints and $0.50 off regular pints, $1 off most bottled beer, and $1 off most wines. On Thursdays and Sundays, you can also get $3 Pacifico and Heineken bottles, as well as $3 Modelo pints. These drinks go perfectly with Nate’s amazing appetizers, like Peel N’ Eat Shrimp and fried pickles.
2. Visit La Fisheria Seafood Kitchen from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday for happy hour this week! You can get $3 glasses of wine, $3.50 margaritas, $4 beer bottles, and $3 draft beers. Pair this with delicious appetizers, like spicy chicken wings, chips and guacamole, street corn, fried calamari, oysters, nachos, and so much more.
Addison Restaurant Month is here! Buy an Addison Food Pass and check out these amazing deals.
3. At Antonio Ristorante, you can get a free appetizer with an entrée purchase when showing your Addison Food Pass. Delicious appetizers include Mozzarella Alla Caprese, which is fresh mozzarella served with tomatoes, virgin olive oil, oregano, and fresh basil with balsamic glaze; Carpaccio, thin slices of raw beef sirloin, chopped arugula, baby tomatoes, shaved parmesan cheese and capers; Clams Della Casa, baby clams steamed in white wine with red onions, garlic and butter; and Scampi Antonio, sauteed shrimp with olive oil, lemon juice, white wine, onions, garlic, butter, oregano, and pepper flakes on top of garlic bread.
4. Head to Arthur’s Steakhouse with your Addison Food Pass to get a complimentary dessert with any entrée purchase. After filling up on an amazing seafood dinner (like the Canadian Cold-Water Lobster Tale or the Almond Crusted Filet of Fresh Lemon Sole) or steak (like the Filet Mignon or Prime New York Strip), then you can choose your free dessert. Options include a delectable Key Lime Pie, a Grand Mariner Crème Brûlée, or an Almond Ball.
There’s a full lineup of local bands from multiple genres playing at Sidecar Social this weekend.
5. The weekend starts on Wednesday night at Sidecar Social, where you can rock out to Live Band Karaoke with Time Machine beginning at 8 p.m. On Thursday, Danni & Kris will perform at 7 p.m., followed by Rachel Stacy at 7 p.m. Friday and Extended Play at 9 p.m. On Saturday, you can hear Trey Rose at 7 p.m. followed by Little Lies, Celebrating Fleetwood Mc at 9 p.m. This Fleetwood Mac tribute band encourages you to come dressed as Stevie Nicks, channeling your best witchy vibes and ‘70s fashions. Tickets are $25 per person.
Arts and Entertainment
Live shows and new art exhibits are coming to Addison this weekend.
6. Chingo Bling is coming to Addison Improv this weekend! Chingo Bling is a rapper, actor, producer, comedian, social media phenomenon, and entertainer. He will be showcasing his unique Mexican-American humor during his live show. Tickets are available at 8 p.m. Thursday, 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday, and 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
7. This Saturday is the premiere of Miles Cleveland Goodwin’s “The Closing Door” exhibit oat Valley House Gallery, with an artist reception from 3-7 p.m. Saturday. Valley House Gallery is open from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday (masks required), where you can explore the gallery and garden hours at your leisure.