From raising money for breast cancer awareness with a cool pink party to trying new fall foods, there is always something fun to do in Addison. This week, dress up your pup for a costume contest at Sidecar Social, try Lazy Dog’s new Thanksgiving-inspired dinner, listen to live music at Sherlock’s, and see a funny show at WaterTower Theatre. Learn about all these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Like your drinks with a side of entertainment? Check out these sweet happy hour locations.
1. Invite your friends to Social Hour at Sidecar Social this week, where you can get $4 call drinks and ½ off wine by the glass from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Then, come back this weekend for fun e vents hosted by the restaurant. From 9 p.m.-1:30 a.m. Saturday, attend Pink Party! This event will raise money for the Joan Katz Cancer Resource Center to support those affected by breast cancer. Everyone is invited to wear pink, buy pink glow sticks and bracelets, and listen to music by DJ Impakt! On Sunday from 3-5 p.m., bring your pup for the Howl-O-Ween Puppy Costume Contest! The top 3 best-dressed pups will go home with a fancy doggie bag.
2. Happy Hour happens from 2-7 p.m. weekdays at the Lion & Crown. Come in for $2.50 Coors Banquet; $1 off wine, liquor, cheap shots, and draft beer; $2.50 for 10-oz house brews and $3.50 for 22-oz house brews; and select apps for $2, $4, and $6. Happy hour specials are also offered from 10-11 p.m. weekdays. Also, don’t miss Trivia Night from 7-9 p.m. Thursday and cheering on the Dallas Cowboys on game days!
Enjoy delicious fall food in the Corridor.
3. Ready for Thanksgiving food early? Head to Lazy Dog to try their new TV Dinner Roasted Turkey! This is a roasted turkey breast served with house-made gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet corn, and celery and onion stuffing, with a salted caramel pumpkin cheesecake topped with graham cracker crumble for dessert. Of course, Lazy Dog also has an amazing selection of salads, sandwiches, burgers, pizza sticks, soups, bowls, noodles, fish, and more.
4. There are many fall goodies at The Original Pancake House! Try the Signature Pumpkin Pancakes, the Pumpkin Patch Crepe (filled with pumpkin cream cheese and topped with pecans, caramel drizzle, and powdered sugar), and the Woodsman Omelette (a French-rolled omelette stuffed with sauteed mushrooms, onions, thyme, swiss cheese, coarse black pepper and buttermilk pancakes). Yum!
There’s a full lineup this week at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub!
5. The weekend starts Wednesday at Sherlock’s, when Empire Theft and DJ SoLowMo perform live, beginning at 9 p.m. On Thursday, DJ SoLowMo comes back to play dance/electro/pop/hip-hop/Latin mashups at 9 p.m. Friday will feature Vegas Stars at 10 p.m., followed by Hip Hop Hooray ‘80s dance band Saturday at 10 p.m.
Arts and Entertainment
See a show and get a good workout in this weekend in Addison!
6. This is the last weekend to see The Taming at WaterTower Theatre! This show, written by Lauren Gunderson, follows a patriotism-obsessed Miss Georgia, who has kidnapped a Republican Senator’s campaign manager and a liberal activist who is fighting to save the endangered pandashrew. She is holding them hostage in her hotel room before the big Miss America Pageant in a hilarious, all-female power play inspired by Shakespeare’s Shrew. Showtimes for this wildly entertaining play will be at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, 8 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday.
7. Get your sweat on this Saturday from 11 a.m.-noon with a Fall into Fitness workout hosted by MeekPhysique at Addison Circle Park! This 40-minute, beginner-friendly workout includes all the equipment you need, so all you have to do is show up, bring water, a towel, and a mat, and get ready for an awesome workout.