Do you have any weekend plans yet? This is your chance to get spooky, as Halloween Horror comes to town and the premiere of Outcry Theatre’s The Witches! You can also enjoy amazing happy hour specials, beautiful live music, and fantastic brunch options in the Corridor. Learn all about these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Amazing drink specials in a cool atmosphere makes these happy hour spots some of the best!
1. Come to social hour at Sidecar Social from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, where you can get $4 call drinks and ½ off wine by the glass. Or, take advantage of daily specials, like ½ price wine bottles on Monday, $3 domestic bottles on Tuesday, $5 martinis on Wednesday, and $5 draft cocktails on Thursday. If you get hungry, stay for late night, where you can get ½ off flatbreads after 10 p.m.
2. Happy hour happens weekdays from 3-7 p.m. at Stirr Addison. Enjoy the beautiful weather on the patio while sipping on $3 off signature cocktails, $2 off wine by the glass, $1 off beer, ½ off shareables, and ½ off flatbreads.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Check out these delicious options.
3. Try the limited time fall menu at Snooze, an A.M. Eatery this week. Options include pumpkin pancakes with a vanilla cream cheese filling, topped with caramel sauce, sweet cream, candied pecans, and powdered sugar; Goldilocks’ Porridge, made with an ancient grain mix of steel cut oats, quinoa and millet simmered in almond milk and topped with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, toasted almonds, and hemp seeds; or the Pumpkin Spice Latte, made with house-made pumpkin spice simple syrup. Yum!
4. Discover your new favorite sweet or savory breakfast at Benedict’s! Some of the amazing options include omelettes, served with veggies, meats, cheeses, toppings, hash browns and English muffin or toast. You can also get Eggs Benedict, Flash in a Pan, Tex-Mex favorites, scrambled eggs, pancakes, Belgtian waffles, and more delicious bites.
Listen to relaxing live music in Addison.
5. The live music at Table 13 is elegant, dignified, and easy to enjoy while eating a nice meal or sipping on a cool martini. This week’s lineup includes Melani Skybell at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Henry Munoz at 6 p.m. Thursday, Marc Toussaint Combo at 6 p.m. Friday and 6 p.m. Saturday.
Arts and Entertainment
Celebrate spooky season with these entertainment options in Addison!
6. This Saturday, come to Addison Circle Park for Halloween Horror, presented by Addison After Dark! This creepy event for adults features axe throwing, jumbo games, a fire art show, an outdoor showing of Halloween, a costume contest, and awesome music! The first 750 guests will also receive free In-N-Out Burger, which pair nicely with America’s Finest Beverage Catering’s signature Blood Red Sangria drink. It’s going to be scary good fun!
7. Outcry Theatre’s The Witches is premiering this Friday night at Studio Theatre. Based on the book of the same name by Roald Dahl and adapted by David Wood, The Witches tells the story of a young Boy who accidentally discovers a secret society of witches who appear like ordinary women in an English seaside hotel. When the witches discover the Boy has learned their true identities, they turn him into a mouse. Now, he must team up with his spunky grandmother and another boy-turned-mouse to take on the Grand High Witch and her coven. Tickets are available October 15-October 24.