Happy fall! The start of a new season brings cooler weather, new fashions, seasonal drinks, and fantastic events. This weekend, grab a cool coffee or witchy cocktail, listen to live music, enjoy pizza with friends, or see the hilarious Addison Laugh Fest. It’s sure to be a good time, no matter what you choose! Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week, below.
Celebrate the beginning of autumn with delicious fall drinks!
1. At Astoria Caffe & Wine Bar, there are plenty of spooky cocktails to try this season. For example, Witch’s 75 is lavender-infused gin with sparkling wine and lime. You can also get the Apple Harvest Mule, made with vodka, ginger beer, and apple juice; Spiked Hot Apple Cider, which is rum-infused hot apple cider topped with homemade whipped cream and cinnamon; and the Seasonal Sangria, which is a layered wine and fresh fruit sangria in the colors of fall.
2. If you are looking for a little caffeine boost to get you through the day, head to Dunn Brothers Coffee. There, you can get the Old Fashioned Latte, Pumpkin Pie Latte, or Brown Butter Toffee Nirvana for a limited time only. Of course, you can always take those home and spike it with something from your liquor cabinet for a cozy nightcap.
It’s a good weekend for pizza! Try these local spots.
3. Thin, crispy, and oh-so-delicious, I Fratelli Pizza is a Corridor favorite. Some delicious options include The Big Brother, made with Italian sausage, pepperoni, bell pepper, green onion, and mushroom; Del Bianco, made with Bianco sauce, breakfast bacon, fresh spinach, and Roma tomato; and The Margherita, made with fresh basil, olive oil, and Roma tomato.
4. Find a fantastic selection of snacks, salads, sandwiches, noodles, pizza, desserts, family meals, take and bake pizzas, and brunch at Zoli’s Pizza. Start with Zucchini Fries or House Meatballs. For sandwiches, you can get Fried Chicken Parm or a tasty Gigante Burger. In the mood for pasta? Get the Spaghetti Bolognese, Rigatoni Alla Vodka, or Date Night Brisket Lasagna. Or, order one of their delicious pizzas for dine-in or to-go. Finish with a dessert, including Gooey Butter Cake, Zeppole, Pistachio Cannoli, or Brookie Sundae.
Dance to the music of P!nk at Sidecar Social!
5. Dress in your favorite pink outfit, dye your hair pink, and wear your best pink makeup and accessories for the Just Like P!nk: The P!nk Tribute Experience coming to Sidecar Social on Saturday, September 25 at 9 p.m. Dance along to some of P!nk’s greatest hits, like “So What,” “Raise Your Glass,” “U + Ur Hand,” and so much more. Tickets are available online for $25.
Arts and Entertainment
Staying entertained is easy in Addison.
6. Addison Laugh Fest, the funniest event of the year is returning to Addison Theatre Centre September 24-25. Some of the best improv and sketch comedians in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex are gathering for a weekend of shows and workshops for new comedians. The full lineup can be found here.
7. Visit Valley House Gallery to see two new exhibits that will be open through October 2. You can see Lloyd Brown: The Sky Should Know Me By Now, featuring recent paintings of U.S. Highway 50, and Amy Werntz: Ordinary Moments. Both of these exhibits feature talented, eye-catching works that would make for great viewing on a date night. You can also purchase one to take home with you if you are looking to refresh your home décor!