Happy September! As we head into Labor Day weekend (the unofficial end of summer), there are plenty of things to do in Addison. Visit an upscale happy hour, share sushi with friends, jam out to Taylor Swift’s music, or see the premiere of a new show or art exhibit. Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Dress up for one of these upscale happy hours this week in Addison.
1. At Table 13, the elegant atmosphere, beautiful live music, and calming aesthetic is a nice place to unwind after a long day at work. Happy Hour is from 4-7 p.m. weekdays, where you can get $2 off all wine by the glass. During lunch hours from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday, martinis are only $3 – a perfect complement to your meal.
2. Happy Hour takes place on weekdays from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at 12 Cuts Brazilian Steakhouse. This is your chance to get a discount on beer, wine, and cocktails – including their signature Caipirinas! If you want, you can stay for dinner (beginning at 5 p.m. Monday-Friday and at 4 p.m. Saturday-Sunday). Treat yourself to the full Churrasco experience, complete with 12+ cuts of prime meat, a market fresh salad bar, hot specialty dishes, and grilled pineapple.
Shake up your normal routine with sushi and seafood this week!
3. When you go to Hudson House, you’ll be treated to fresh seafood to delight all your senses. Start with The Raw Bar, with your choice of oysters, shrimp cocktail, or snow crab claws. Then, choose one of their delicious starters, like whipped avocado dip, shrimp dynamite, or tuna tartare. The main dish includes towers, sandwiches, salads, chicken and seafood plates, and the Atlantic catch of the day.
4. The possibilities are endless at RA Sushi, where they have so many different options for unique tastebuds. Start with a specialty roll, like the Chili Ponzu Yellowtail Roll or the Tootsy Maki. Other options include Sashimi, thinly sliced raw fish; Nigiri, a small oval of rice topped with raw fish or seafood; or Maki, raw or cooked fish, seafood, or vegetables rolled with rice and seaweed. You can also get hand rolls, seafood bowls, salad, bento boxes, soups, hibachi, poke, delicious shareables, and more.
Shake it off all night to this Taylor Swift cover band!
5. Although we can’t see the real Taylor Swift in concert yet, the next best thing is coming to Addison: Reputation: A Taylor Swift Experience! This Saturday, Sidecar Social is presenting this special cover music of Taylor Swift’s biggest hits, beginning at 9 p.m. Tickets are available online for $25 per person.
Arts and Entertainment
It’s an exciting week in Addison, filled with premieres of new shows and art exhibits in the North Dallas Corridor!
6. Visit WaterTower Theatre this week to see the premiere of A Raisin in the Sun, from September 1-12. This Tony-award winning drama, written by Lorraine Hansberry and directed by Natalie King, tells the story of a Black family living in Chicago in the 1950s. The Youngers yearn for a piece of the American Dream, so they move to a modest home in a majority white community. According to its bio, “this story about identity, justice, and moral responsibility: a story about an American family that remains as powerful and relevant today as it was 50 years ago.” This week’s showtimes are 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. Thursday, 8 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday.
7. My Voice. My Story. is debuting this Saturday at Galleria Dallas! This new exhibit is a collaboration between Galleria Dallas and the Texas Women’s Foundation, designed to encourage girls and women to make their voices heard in meaningful and powerful ways. Texas Women’s Foundation President and CEO Roslyn Dawson Thompson said in a press release, “The interactive exhibit highlights how we can use our voices and our stories to build community. Its colorful display features icons of communications, including a megaphone and picket sign, that are designed to encourage guests to take selfies, and share their stories using the hashtag #myvoicemystory.” Every person who shares that hashtag will enter in a drawing for a chance to win a signed jersey by Dallas Maverick All Star Luka Dončić as a part of the Dallas Mavericks’ partnership with Texas Women’s Foundation. See this free exhibit through September 30, located on Level 1 on the gallery wall across from Apple.