Welcome to August! As we enter the last full month of summer, maybe you are preparing for back-to-school for your kids, soaking up the sun as much as you can, or planning a late summer vacation. No matter what, it’s a month of possibilities and good times. This weekend, grab happy hour in Addison and meet your friends for brunch this weekend. You can also dance the night away at the Vitruvian Salsa Festival or catch a show at the Addison Improv or Outcry Theatre! Learn all about this and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Beers, whiskey, and good tv make happy hours in Addison a good time!
1. Watch sports on tv, eat a delicious meal, and enjoy happy hour and drink specials at The Hub Sports Bar and Grill! Grab $2.50 domestic drafts on Monday and vodka specials on Tuesday. Happy Hour All Night happens on Wednesday, followed by $2.50 Cordials on Thursday. Also, you can get $3 wells Friday, $3 shots Saturday, and $3 wells and domestics on Sunday.
2. Have American beers in an English-style pub at Ron’s Place! You can get 32 unique craft beers, more than 200 bottles of whiskey, and delicious foods. Texas Tuesday is a chance to get $3 pints of select Texas beers, and Whiskey Wednesdays means $5 glass of whiskeys all day. You can also come in Friday for late-night happy hour from 11 p.m.-1 a.m. and Saturday for select Texas whiskeys for $5.
Weekend brunch? Don’t mind if we do! Try these Addison locations.
3. Whether you crave savory or sweet, STIRR has you covered! Start with something delicious. Like the Giant Donut Holes, topped with cinnamon sugar, Nutella dip, cream anglaise, and raspberry. Then, go for the brunch burger, made with Kobe beef, sharp cheddar, LTOP, bacon onion jam, fried egg, secret sauce, and Chef’s hash. Other delicious options are the strawberry shortcake pancakes, with champagne-marinated strawberries and Godiva white chocolate whipped cream, or the Texan, a chicken fried ribeye with red eye cream gravy, Chef’s hash, scrambled eggs, and Texas toast.
4. Every Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Kenny’s Wood Fired Grill offers brunch. You can try their amazing Kenny’s Benedict, made with toasted brioche, poached eggs, bearnaise and asparagus; the Bacon and Egg Burger, with fried egg, smoked bacon, American cheese, and bearnaise; or the Chicken and Waffles, with Belgian waffles, chicken fried chicken, smoked bacon, toasted walnut butter, and Vermont maple syrup.
Vitruvian Salsa Festival kicks off this weekend in Addison!
5. Wear your swinging dresses and dancing shoes, because Vitruvian Salsa Festival is back at Vitruvian Park! This Saturday, August 7, from 6-10 p.m., live bands, DJs, and food trucks are taking over the park! The night begins with salsa lessons from 6:30-7 p.m., followed by live music from Havana NRG and DJ Colombiano. You can also take breaks to order food from the onsite food trucks. The event is free with $10 parking available.
Arts and Entertainment
See a show this weekend in Addison!
6. Outcry Theatre’s The Glass Menagerie premiers at Studio Theatre in Addison this Friday! This show is a drama of great tenderness, charm, and beauty about Amanda Wingfield, a faded remnant of Southern gentility who now lives in a dingy St. Louis apartment with her son, Tom, and her daughter, Laura, who has a physical handicap and debilitating shyness. Tom supports his family with an unbearable shoe factory job. But when Amanda convinces Tom to bring home a gentleman caller for Laura, the family’s illusions they’ve created about each other collapse around them. This weekend’s showtimes are 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and 2 p.m. Sunday. It will be playing through August 15.
7. Maz Jobrani will be performing at Addison Improv this weekend. Jobrani is a comedian, actor and host of the podcast, “Back to School with Maz Jobrani” on the All Things Comedy Network. His new standup special, “Pandemic Warrior” is now streaming on PeacockTV. He has also appeared in many popular television shows, including “Grey’s anatomy” and “Last Man Standing,” and starred in the award-winning indie comedy, Jimmy Vestvood:Amerikan Hero. Tickets are available at 8 p.m. Thursday, 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Friday, and 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday.