Possibilities are endless for a good time in Addison this week. First, cool off with an ice-cold margarita or martini at happy hour. Then, head out to Vitruvian Nights Live or Vitruvian Salsa Festival for some amazing live music and dancing. You can also see a new thriller premiering this week. Later, take a break with amazing Korean food. Learn all about these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Happy hour goes great with Italian food!
1. Did you know that Pie Tap in Addison doesn’t just serve wonderful pizza – it also has amazing happy hour specials? See for yourself from 4-6 p.m. every Monday-Friday, when you can get $2 off wine, beer and cocktails. There are more drink and food specials throughout the week, including $5 Italian margaritas on Mondays, $2 off select whiskeys on Wednesdays, $12 pies on Tuesday, $12 Half Birds on Wednesday, and $12 pastas on Thursday.
2. Visit Kenny’s Italian Kitchen every Monday-Friday from 2-7 p.m. for happy hour! This includes $5 house wines, $4 well cocktails, and $1 off all beer. Be sure to also come in every Martini Monday for $5 raspberry lemonade martinis, $5 Gin & Georgia martinis, $5 Ruby Slipper martinis, $5 Rob’s Pomtini martinis, and $5 Make it Your Way martinis.
In the mood for Korean food? Check out these Addison options.
3. Deliciously spicy chicken and hearty sides can be yours at Bonchon Korean Fried Chicken in Addison! Start with a shareable, like potstickers or edamame, then fill up on the main course – wings, drumsticks, strips, or a combo pack hand-brushed with your choice of soy garlic, spicy, or half and half and served with pickled radish or coleslaw. You can also try their amazing entrees, like Korean tacos or Katsu.
4. Score fresh and healthy Korean food at Burning Rice in Addison. Some of the mouth-watering menu options include sweet glazed fried chicken bites, fried dumplings, and Korean bowls, filled with your choice of several flavorful ingredients like Kimchi rice, Korean BBQ, and amazing toppings.
Wear your best dance shoes for Vitruvian Nights Live this week!
5. Emerald City is performing at Vitruvian Nights Live this Thursday, August 26. This party band is known for delivering a high-energy show that gets people on their feet in no time. The free summertime event takes place from 7-9:30 p.m. at the Vitruvian Park amphitheater, where you can lay down on a blanket or dance around and enjoy the good beats. There will also be food trucks and outdoor games.
Arts and Entertainment
This weekend heats up with salsa dancing and scary movies in Addison!
6. This is the last Vitruvian Salsa Night of the summer, and you don’t want to miss it! This Saturday, August 28, head to Vitruvian Park from 6-10 p.m. to attend free salsa dance lessons, listen to music from Tumbaka and DJ Colombiano, eat at food trucks, and have tons of fun. Parking is available for $10 at Vitruvian Park and Alfred J. Loos Sports Complex.
7. Excited to get in the Halloween spirit? See Candyman, premiering at AMC Village on the Parkway 9 this Friday. Oscar winner Jordan Peele retells the blood-chilling urban legend about the Candyman that you’ve probably heard at a sleepover. According to the description, “For as long as residents can remember, the housing projects of Chicago’s Cabrini Green neighborhood were terrorized by a word-of-mouth ghost story about a supernatural killer with a hook for a hand, easily summoned by those daring to repeat his name five times into a mirror. In present day, a decade after the last of the Cabrini towers were torn down, visual artist Anthony McCoy (Yahya Abdul-Mateen II; HBO’s “Watchmen,” Us) and his girlfriend, gallery director Brianna Cartwright (Teyonah Parris; If Beale Street Could Talk, The Photograph), move into a luxury loft condo in Cabrini, now gentrified beyond recognition and inhabited by upwardly mobile millennials. With Anthony’s painting career on the brink of stalling, a chance encounter with a Cabrini Green old-timer (Colman Domingo; HBO’s “Eurphoria,” Assassination Nation) exposes Anthony to the tragically horrific nature of the true story behind Candyman.”