Dancing, drinking, and delight can be found in Addison this week, which is totally popping with mid-August excitement. Grab a happy hour drink with friends, then head to one of the many local restaurants offering amazing menus for DFW Restaurant Week. Then, listen to live music, go dancing, or do yoga in Vitruvian Park. There’s so much to do, you won’t have time for everything! Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
You can’t go wrong with ice cold drinks and mouth-watering food at happy hour!
1. Happy hour goes from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 9-11 p.m. Sunday-Thursday at Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar.Drinks on the menu includes draft beer, wine, house libations, mules, mojitos, margaritas, sangria, and more. While you’re there, try some delicious happy hour bar bites like cajun fries, waffle-cut parmesan chips, onion rings, bacon candy, crispy deviled eggs, buffalo wings, and more.
2. Come in from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday or 9:30 p.m.-close Sunday-Thursday for happy hour at Yard House! You can score ½ off select appetizers and all pizza, as well as $2 off beer, wine, spirits, and cocktails. Appetizers include poke nachos, chicken nachos, chicken lettuce wraps, fried chicken tenders, classic sliders, Wisconsin fried cheese curds, onion ring tower, Ahi Sashimi, fried calamari, boneless wings, and Gardein wings. Other specials include $4 off Half Yards and $3 off 9-ounce wine.
It’s DFW Restaurant Week! Celebrate with these unique menus in Addison.
3. At Table 13, you can get an amazing dinner experience for $49 or lunch for $19, which benefits the North Texas Food Bank and Lena Pope through September 5. The three-course dinner menu is served from 5-9 p.m., seven days a week, and the lunch menu is served from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday. This includes starters like the Kale Salad or Tenderloin Crostini; a second course of Surf and Turf, Grilled Red Snapper, Steak Diane, and more; and a third course option of crème brûlée or dark chocolate torte. You can also order sides and/or wine pairings for an additional cost. The lunch menu includes two courses plus a complimentary Chef’s Select Dessert.
4. Reservations are $49 for DFW Restaurant Week at Arthur’s Steakhouse! This includes a first course of Lobster, Shrimp and Lump Crab Cake, Hearts of Romaine Caesar, Champagne Brie Soup, and Hearts of Lettuce. Entrée selections include Pan Seared Lemon Sole Filet/Caper Maniere Sauce, Chicken Breast Piccata, Beef Tenderloin Bourguignon, Jumbo Lump Crab Meat Stuffed Grilled Norwegian Salmon with Champagne Caper Sauce, Lamb Shank Osso Bucco Style, or Filet Mignon. Your dessert selections are Belgian Chocolate Mousse or Grand Marnier Crème Brûlée.
Vitruvian Nights Live is back at Vitruvian Park this Thursday!
5. Come to Vitruvian Park this Thursday, August 12, for Vitruvian Nights Live. Matchbox 20, a Matchbox Twenty tribute band will be performing some of the band’s hits from throughout the years, as well as music from similar artists. There will also be food trucks and outdoor lawn games to enjoy! This free event is pet and family friendly and open from 7-9:30 p.m.
Arts and Entertainment
Whether you are looking to relax, hang out with friends, or workout, Vitruvian Park has you covered this weekend!
6. Get ready to dance the night away at Vitruvian Salsa Festival this Saturday at Vitruvian Park. This event will include salsa lessons from 6:30-7 p.m., followed by live music from Angelucho’s CopaCabana, where you can practice your skills. Other activities include music from DJ Colombiano, food trucks, and more. Vitruvian Salsa Festival is from 6-10 p.m. at the Vitruvian Park amphitheater.
7. Find peace and stretch your muscles at Yoga & Meditation in the Park at Virtuvian Park this Saturday from 9-10 a.m. This event will teach kemetic yoga, meditation, journaling tips and prompts, sound bowl healing, wellness practice, and loving nature! Tickets are available online for $5 per person.