Still reeling from last weekend’s fireworks show and festivities? Luckily, there’s plenty of ways to keep the party alive in Addison this week. From sweet mojitos to fantastic live music, amazing art and entertaining comedians, you’re sure to have a good time all week. Learn about these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
National Mojito Day is July 11, and what better way to celebrate than with an ice-cold mojito?
1. At Cantina Laredo, you can get an original or flavored mojito for just $8 all weekend long. The Cantina Mojito is made with Cruzan Aged Light Rum, mint, lime, club soda, and sugar cane. The Mango Mojito is made with Cruzan Aged Light Rum, mango puree, mint, lime, club soda, and sugar cane. And the Watermelon Mojito is made with Cruzan Aged Light Rum, Red Bull Red Edition, mint, and sugar cane.
2. Another place to order fantastic mojitos is at Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar. The Traditional is made with Bacardi Limon Rum, sugarcane, mint, lime and soda water; the Coconut Mojito is made with Malibu Rum, coconut water, all natural sweetener, mint, lime, and soda water; and the Pineapple Mojito is made with Sailor Jerry Rum, pineapple juice, mint, limes, sugarcane, and soda water.
Healthy and delicious lunch options are available in Addison!
3. Skip your usual salad and try Stirr’s Thai Chili Chicken Lettuce Wraps for lunch instead. These are made with Wok-seared ground chicken, cashews, water chestnuts, shitake mushrooms, scallions, sweet and spicy Thai chili sauce, and crisp iceberg lettuce. Other amazing options are the Cedar Plank Grilled Salmon, Surf ‘n’ Turf Skewers, a meat and cheese board, and more.
4. Amazing lunch options can also be found at Vidorra! Start with The Good Guac or Queso Blanco appetizer, followed by amazing quesadillas, unique salads (you have to try the Mexican Watermelon Salad!), tacos, burritos, fajitas, enchiladas, and more.
Let your hair down and dance to live music this week in Addison!
5. Live music happens every Wednesday-Sunday at Sidecar Social, so you can enjoy some good tunes while having a cold drink. This week, invite your friends to Live Band Karaoke at 8 p.m. Wednesday, where you can pretend to be rockstars. Next, TJ &CJ performs at 7 p.m. Thursday, followed by Chant Duplantier at 7 p.m. Friday and Limelight at 9 p.m. Friday. Finally, you can hear Grace Spaulding at 7 p.m. Saturday, CHERRY at 9 p.m. Saturday, and Wade Bagley at 2 p.m. Sunday.
Arts and Entertainment
Catch a live show or admire amazing artwork in Addison this weekend.
6. Deborah Ballard’s “Can You Hear Me” is on display through Aug. 21 at Valley House Gallery! This is her fourth solo exhibit here, where she draws inspiration from life experiences, body language, and world travels. According to her bio, “She develops and refines her ideas with a personal language derived from observing the human form and invites the viewer to contemplate our interactions with one another. Unlike traditional sculptors who begin with a small maquette, Ballard works in reverse, beginning with life-size figures.”
7. Jeff Ross is coming to Addison Improv this weekend. This comedian, writer, director, producer, and “Roastmaster General” has gone on tour with Dave Attell, had a Netflix special called “Bumping Mics,” hosts dream roasts on the Netflix series “Historical Roasts,” and appears regularly on Comedy Central Roasts, and more. Tickets are available at 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. July 9, 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. July 10, and 7:30 p.m. July 11.