From hilarious stand-up comedy shows to performances from amazing local bands, there is plenty to do in Addison this week. Summer is in full swing, and the best way to cool off is with an ice-cold beer at happy hour. And did we mention National Chicken Wing Day is this week too? Yum! Learn all about these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Drink and food specials plus amazing entertainment? These happy hour deals can’t be beat.
1. Happy hour is every Monday-Saturday from 2-9 p.m. at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub! Sherlock’s serves cold draft beer, bottle beer, margaritas, classic cocktails, signature cocktails, tropical drinks, martinis, and wine. You can also come in for Texas Tuesday with $3 Lone Star, Shiner Bock and Karbach Love St., and $4 Deep Eddy, Tito’s, and Western Son. Wednesdays include a high-energy dance band and half-price burgers. You can also enjoy live music on the weekends!
2. Every day is a new chance for drink specials at The Mucky Duck. Monday is $4 Miller Lite drafts and $.50 wings; Tuesday is $4 tequila shots and Mexican Candy shots, $2 Tecates, $3 Coronas and Dos Equis, and $2 tacos; Wednesday is happy hour from 4-7 p.m. and $4 Jager and Fireball; Thursday is happy hour all night and $4 Jack products; Friday is happy hour from 3-8 p.m.; Saturday is $4 selected appetizers from 4-10 p.m.; and Sunday is $4 domestics, $5 imports, and $4 Mexican Candy and Fireball shots.
Thursday is National Chicken Wing Day, a perfect excuse to munch on delicious wings in the Corridor.
3. You can’t go wrong with chicken wings at The Back 9, where their famous bone-in wings are served with your choice of mild, hot, Dialo, Classic Cajun, sweet chili, garlic parmesan or BBQ sauce. These go great with their many amazing pizza options, including Chicken Diablo, Buffalo Chicken, Hawaiian BBQ Chicken, Pepperoni Explosion and more.
4. At Yard House, you can get your choice of 12 crispy traditional wings, boneless wings, or Gardein Wings with up to two sauces: buffalo, whiskey black pepper, BBQ, Korean chili garlic, or lemon pepper dry rub. Other amazing appetizers include Poke nachos, chicken nachos, ahi sashimi, firecracker shrimp, four cheese spinach dip, fried calamari, onion ring tower, avocado toast, jumbo Bavarian pretzel, classic sliders, and more. It’s the perfect mid-week comfort food!
Vitruvian Nights Live is returning to Vitruvian Park this Thursday!
5. A Hard Night’s Day (a Beatles tribute band) is performing at Vitruvian Park this Thursday as part of Vitruvian Nights Live. The band will be showcases a selection of the Beatles’ greatest hits on the amphitheater, while guests enjoy food trucks, outdoor games, and a beautiful summer evening! This event is free with free parking.
Catch a show in Addison this weekend!
6. Melissa Villaseñor is coming to Addison Improv this Thursday-Saturday nights! After breaking barriers by becoming the first Latina cast member of “Saturday Night Live,” Villaseñor is a comedic impressions expert who has voiced characters on Cartoon Network’s “OK K.O!” and “Adventure Time,” Comedy Central’s “TripTank,” Fox’s “American Dad” and “Family Guy,” and Disney Pixar’s Toy Story 4. She even received a Golden Globe nomination for her work on Ralph Breaks the Internet. See her at 8 p.m. Thursday, 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Friday, or 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
7. This is your last weekend to see The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time streaming on demand from WaterTower Theatre. This live recording of the play features 15-year-old Christopher, an extraordinary boy with an extraordinary brain who lives with Dad in a working-class town West of London. When he finds himself under suspicion of murdering his neighbor’s dog, he becomes determined to solve the mystery. This 2015 Tony winner is available for streaming through July 31.