There is so much to celebrate in Addison this week! From National Tequila Day to Britney Spears’ iconic pop songs to Colombian culture at the Dallas Colombian Festival, your schedule is going to be full! Make sure to take some time to eat amazing Italian food and catch a new art show this weekend, too. Learn more about all these things in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
National Tequila Day is this Saturday! Celebrate at these Addison locations.
1. At Cantina Laredo, you can sip premium tequila with a splash of water or order your choice of your favorite tequila inside a delicious margarita. And don’t forget to come in for happy hour from 4-7 p.m. and 9-close Monday-Friday, and from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday for $6 Casa ‘Ritas, $5 well drinks and house wine, $4 imported beer, and $3 domestic beer.
2. Head to Gloria’s Latin Cuisine for more top-shelf tequila this week. Their house margarita is award-winning and made with 100% Agave Reposado Tequila served frozen or on the rocks. You can also get it in strawberry, mango, and more. Or, come in for happy hour all day Monday-Wednesday and from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday for drink specials, including $6 house margarita; $7 spicy pineapple margarita, fresh guava margarita, or blush margarita; and more.
From healthy salads to seafood options to traditional Italian cuisine, there’s something for everyone at these Italian restaurants!
3. Dine in at Antonio Ristorante this week, and you’ll be treated to meals made with farm fresh ingredients, seasonal items, and savory meats that are an amazing combination. Featured dishes include Cioppino Antonio, combining fresh fish and shellfish in Chef Antonio’s spicy tomato sauce; Antonio’s Carbonara, made with fettuccine pasta tossed in a fresh cream sauce with black pepper, onions, white wine, and topped with a poached egg and pancetta; or the Ahi Tuna Salad, which is seared Ah tuna on a house salad with fresh iceberg and romaine lettuce, baby tomatoes, carrots, cucumber and green onions with a lemon Italian dressing.
4. Comfort meets sophistication at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen, home of Italian favorites from lasagna to chicken marsala. Must-try dishes include the Spaghetti and Midnight Meatballs; Joey’s Bolognese, with classic meat sauce, bowtie pasta, and shaved parmesan; chicken marsala, with sauteed mushrooms and marsala wine sauce; chicken scaloppini, with artichokes, mushrooms, capers, smoked bacon, white wine lemon butter sauce, and angel hair; and the Seafood Fra-diavlo, with sea scallops, shrimp, clams, mussels, white wine, spicy garlicky red sauce, and linguini. Don’t forget to ask about the family style to go options and the take and bake pasta packs!
Celebrate Britney Spears with an amazing tribute at Sidecar Social this weekend!
5. Toxic: The Britney Spears Experience is coming to Sidecar Social at 9 p.m. Saturday, July 24! Dance along to Britney’s greatest hits, like “Hit Me Baby One More Time,” “Oops, I Did it Again,” “Toxic” and so much more in this amazing tribute band performance to the princess of pop. Tickets are available online for $25. Other live music events at Sidecar this weekend include Live Band Karaoke Wednesday, TJ & CJ Thursday, Chant Duplantier Friday, and Trees Marie Sunday.
Arts and Entertainment
Enjoy art and culture in Addison this week.
6. Sean Cairns: Handler opens at Valley House Gallery this Saturday from 5-8 p.m. Come in to meet the artist and view his oil-on-canvas work, featuring everything from quarantine 2020 to snakes to lifestyle scenes. There will also be an artist talk featuring Cairns on July 31 at 11 a.m. (reservations required).
7. The Dallas Colombian Festival is happening this Saturday from 3-10 p.m. at Addison Circle! This is an annual festival that celebrates our local Colombian and Latin America people with a day of entertainment, food, art, and business showcasing. Tickets are $20 online.