The sun is shining, the days are long, and there’s so much to do in Addison this week! We are in full summer mode, spending our afternoons sipping ice cold beers and frozen margaritas by the pool. This weekend, you can dance to live music at Vitruvian Nights Live, try out new activities at Addison After Dark: REC The Night, and catch a live show at WaterTower Theatre. Learn about all these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Treat yourself to an ice-cold margarita in Addison this week.
1. Happy hour takes place from 3-6:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday at Blue Mesa Grill. During this time, you can get $5 large blue margaritas, $5 blue margaritas to-go, $5 well drinks, $5 mojitos, $5 house wines, $1 off all beer, and $18 blue rocks craft jar (for two or more). You can also get great deals on bites, including a $2 ground beef – chorizo taco, grilled chicken taco, pulled BBQ pork taco, and/or Red Hot Chicken taco. Shareables (for four or more) include a Blue Plate Sampler for $18, a nacho platter for $14, and a Dip Duo pick for $15.
2. At Chuy’s, happy hour happens every Monday-Friday from 4-7 p.m. Here, you can score House Ritas for $5.50, Grande House Ritas for $8.50, House Texas Martinis for $9.50, domestic beers for $3.50, $1 off Tecates, $1 off glass of wine, and $3 off bottles of wine. Don’t forget to order an amazing appetizer to go with it, like queso, quesadillas, or nachos.
Summertime is burger time! Check out these places to get juicy burgers in town.
3. The July Burger of the Month for Hopdoddy Burger Bar is the Mellow Submarine! This is stacked with a Piedmontese patty, topped with sliced ham and turkey, bacon, provolone, swiss, doddy mayo, lettuce, tomato, herbs and oil, and vinegar. It’s an explosion of delicious tastes in your mouth. The only problem is you may have trouble taking a bite of this thick burger creation!
4. The burgers at Yard House are made with a ½ pound chunk of meat, topped with amazing toppings. The BBQ Bacon Cheddar is a classic choice, served with smoked bacon, BBQ sauce, garlic aioli, and fries, served on the new brioche bun with sesame seeds. A Kurobuta Pork burger and a vegan Beyond Burger are also options.
Vitruvian Nights Live is back! Listen to live music this Thursday.
5. Head to Vitruvian Park this Thursday from 7-9:30 p.m. to enjoy Vitruvian Nights Live once again. This free musical event will feature live music from New Wave ‘80s tribute band, The Spazmatics, as well as food trucks and outdoor games. Parking is free at Vitruvian Park.
Arts and Entertainment
This weekend is packed full of amazing arts and entertainment opportunities in Addison!
6. Addison After Dark returns to Addison Circle Park this Saturday, July 17, with REC the Night! This fun, free, fitness-inspired event will feature live music, sunset yoga, a glow party, bungee jumping, a rock-climbing wall, archery, balloon twisting, laser and water tag, and so much more. There will also be food trucks onsite and a signature cocktail option from America’s Finest Beverage Catering. Tickets and parking are free.
7. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time premieres this Wednesday, July 14, at WaterTower Theatre! This is the regional premiere of the 2015 TONY Award winner of best play, which tells the story of a young man with an extraordinary brain who finds himself under suspicion of murder for a neighbor’s dog and is determined to solve the mystery. This week’s showtimes include Wednesday and Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. It will run through July 25.