Sparks are flying, stars are twinkling, and everyone in Addison has a smile on their face – because Addison Kaboom Town! is coming back this weekend. Forgive our enthusiasm, but this feels like a celebration two years in the making (because it is!). Restaurants all over town are hosting Addison Kaboom Town! watch parties, where you can enjoy delicious food, happy hour specials, live music, and other treats while waiting for the celebration to begin. There’s just so much to look forward to! Check it out in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week, below.
Cool off with a refreshing drink this weekend.
1. In honor of Independence Day, Vidorra is hosting drink specials all weekend, starting at $3! Or, come in on Saturday, July for the Kaboom Town! Block Party starting at 4 p.m., where you can get more drink and food specials, dance to an all-day DJ at the outdoor party, and see the fireworks show at 9 p.m.
2. With every parking reservation to Addison Kaboom Town!, Bitter Sisters Brewery is giving away three free beers. Of course, you can always come to this amazing local brewery for tastings and tours or order a case (or two!) to-go for your own at-home party.
Make reservations for one of these restaurant watch parties – or just stop in for an amazing meal this week!
3. The first 40 people to make dinner reservations at Table 13 get reserved parking! Of course, any night is a good night to treat yourself to this fine dining, with world-class steak, a sophisticated atmosphere, an early ‘60s vibe, vintage cocktails and talented music every night.
4. From now through July 4, Lupe Tortilla will be donating all proceeds from the purchase of their Famous Fajita Trio to the PTSD Foundation of America. This honors and helps the men and women of their armed forces and first responders from the effects of PTSD. Or, head to Lupe Tortilla anytime for their delicious spicy cuisine, one-of-a-kind brunches, and refreshing margaritas!
Live music makes this sparkling weekend even more fun!
5. Hang out at one of the many local restaurants offering live music for Addison Kaboom Town! this Saturday. Addison Point Sports Grill this Saturday to listen to a DJ, get balloon animals and face painting, score food and drink specials, and sing your heart out at after-fireworks karaoke! Gloria’s Latin Cuisine is hosting live music from Havana NRG and dance tracks from DJ Latin Prince this Saturday night, as well as VIP tables and bottle service available. Other places with live music include OAK’D BBQ, Nate’s Seafood & Steakhouse, Moto Liberty, La Fisheria Seafood Kitchen, Ida Claire, and more.
Arts and Entertainment
From Addison Kaboom Town! to late-night entertainment, there’s plenty to do in Addison this weekend.
6. Everyone’s talking about Addison Kaboom Town!, which is returning to Addison after a long two years. Although individual tickets are sold out, you can still get in by purchasing a hotel package on their website. This event includes music on the mainstage, food and drinks, shopping in the Festival Merch Tent, an Addison Airport Freedom Flyover show at 7:30 p.m., and one of the best fireworks displays in the country at 9:30 p.m.
7. Late-night comedy? Yes, please! Starting Thursday night, you can hear Clayton English at Addison Improv, a Los Angeles-based comedian, actor and writer. He has been the champion of NBC’s “Last Comic Standing,” was featured as a New Face at the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival in Montreal, has guest-starred on “Brooklyn 99” and is a recurring character in the Netflix original “Love,” among other things. He has performances Thursday at 8 p.m., Friday at 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m., and Saturday at 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Later, there will be a Saturday Night Special Comedy Show at 11 p.m., featuring Ralph Barbosa, Peng Dang, Komedian KG, Flo Hernandez, Paul Varghese, and Monna.