Happy summer, Addison! Now that summer 2021 is officially in session, we have been enjoying the scorching temps, cold drinks, and plenty of fun events Addison has to offer! This is your place to be for happy hour drink specials, amazing burgers, good live music, and fantastic arts and entertainment. Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week, below.
Cheer on your favorite sports team while enjoying delicious drinks at happy hour.
1. Home to daily drink specials and fights and sports on TV, The Knockout Sports Bar is one of the coolest after-work hangout spots in town. Wednesday features shots from $4-5, $3 Bud Light bottles, $4 wine, and $5.50 Corona Premier draft. Thursday has shots and cocktails from $4.50-5, as well as Corona bottles for $4. Friday features $3 wells, $3.50 Miller Lite bottles, $4 shots, $6 Patron Silver, and $5.50 Modelo draft. Saturday, come in for $3-5 shots and $5.50 Corona Premier draft.
2. It’s always a celebration at The Hub Sports Bar and Grill, with over 20 TVs, two giant projectors, a fun staff, and awesome drink specials. Daily specials include happy hour all night Wednesday, $2.50 Cordials on Thursday, $3 wells on Friday, $3 shots on Saturday, and $3 wells and domestics on Sunday.
In honor of summer, order a delicious burger this week!
3. You can’t go wrong with the O.D. Burger at Zoli’s NY Pizza. It’s mouth-watering with every bite, featuring an 1855 chuck, brisket and short rib blend, American cheese, farmhouse cheddar, horseradish pickles, Zoli sauce, and waffle fries. Order that for lunch and a pizza to-go for later!
4. Go double stacked at Hopdoddy Burger Bar, with this month’s burger special: The Double Stack. This burger comes with two all-beef patties, special Alabama comeback sauce, lettuce, American cheese, pickles and diced onions on a sesame seed bun. (Hint: it pairs amazing with truffle fries and an ice-cold beer!)
Listen to live music over a meal or while enjoying an ice-cold drink this summer.
5. With fresh food, $5 drinks every day from 3-6 p.m., and a cool aesthetic, visiting La Fisheria Restaurant is always a pleasant experience. This weekend will be even more exciting with live music from The Voices Duet. Starting at 6 p.m., you can enjoy live music from this local band, with a free entrance!
Arts and Entertainment
See a show in Addison this weekend.
6. The Classics Theatre Project is bringing Shakespeare Under the Stars, Much Ado About Nothing to Addison through June 27! Bring lawn chairs, blankets, and picnics to the Addison Conference and Theatre Centre, where you can enjoy live theatre once again in the cool night air. This is a ‘90s-nostalgia version of Shakepeare’s play. When the Aragon Soldiers arrive in town, its aces Claudio and Benedick take their bats with the lovely Hero and fierce Beatrice. Claudio and Hero fall in love, but Benedick and Beatrice are both sworn singles, who match only at wits and jabs. When their friends team up to spark love between the two, the dastardly Don John threatens to destroy both couples. Friday nights are date nights, with free flowers for the audience and a handmade artisan charcuterie board for purchase. Shows start at 7:30 p.m.
7. Outcry Youth Theatre is performing Disney’s Frozen Jr. this weekend at Studio Theatre inside the Addison Theatre Centre. The show, based on the Disney animated film by Jennifer Lee, is a story of true love and acceptance between sisters Princess Anna and Elsa. When the newly crowned Queen Elsa accidentally uses her power to turn things into ice to curse the land of Arrendelle with infinite winter, Princess Anna teams up with a mountain man, his playful reindeer, and a snowman to find Elsa and thaw the ice. This magical show is sure to be a hit for all ages! Tickets are available Thursday and Friday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., and Sunday at 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.