Don’t let the rainy start to June get you down! There are still plenty of ways to have fun despite the somewhat dreary forecast. Grab a drink special at happy hour in town, gossip with your friends over delicious sushi, or check out the highly anticipated Taste Addison (Did you hear? Flo Rida is going to be there!). The possibilities for fun are endless! Learn about these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Drink specials and good vibes can be found in Addison all week long.
1. Social Hour takes place from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday at Sidecar Social. You can get $4 call drinks, ½ off house wine by the glass, and more! Daily drink specials include ½ price wine bottles on Monday, $3 domestic bottles on Tuesday, $5 martinis on Wednesday, and $5 draft cocktails on Thursday. You can also score ½ price flatbreads after 10 p.m.
2. With cool drinks in a pretty atmosphere, you’ll never want to leave Vidorra! Come in for happy hour from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, where you can get $4 beers, $5 house wine, $6 Vidorrita (rocks or frozen), El Continuar, or Dulce Caliente, and a $30 large format Vidorrarita to share. Select half-price appetizers are also available.
Sushi is light, fresh, and perfect for summer.
3. For the ultimate date night experience, head to Osaka Sushi Grill. Here, you can get unlimited sushi and sashimi, creative salads, cooked entrees, Teppanyaki grill, tempura, ramen, and delectable desserts. This high-quality buffet has been featured on Food Network’s “Best of Dallas” and “Best of Asian” shows, and it offers a cozy, romantic atmosphere that makes dinner that much better. Tickets are $38.99 for dinner, and $23.99 for weekday lunch.
4. There is something for everyone at Addison Sushi 469. You can’t go wrong with a specialty roll, like the Popcorn Shrimp Volcano Roll (a California roll with snow crab mix, cucumber, avocado, popcorn shrimp and honey mayo) or the Texan Roll (shrimp tempura, snow crab mix, jalapeños, spicy tuna, crab stuck, tempura flakes, tobiko, wasabi sauce, spicy mayo, and eel sauce). They also offer tasty entrees, like hibachi, California hot dogs, fried rice, and more. Finish with a sweet tempura cheesecake, Japanese milk donuts, or Mochi ice cream.
Major pop music icons from the ‘90s and ‘00s are coming to Addison!
5. This weekend brings Taste Addison back, and with it, a weekend filled with national recording artists and high-quality party and tribute bands. Friday, jam out to David Whiteman Band, Emerald City Band, and Flo Rida beginning at 7 p.m. Saturday, starting at 2:30 p.m., you can hear Satisfaction, LIT, Hoobastank, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and Third Eye Blind on the main stage. Bring a blanket and hang out!
Arts and Entertainment
From food festivals to comedy shows, you’re sure to enjoy yourself in Addison.
6. We are so excited for Taste Addison, we had to include it twice! In addition to the amazing music acts (see above), this event is filled with many more areas of fun. Hang out in the Cupcake Wine Garden, try amazing food in The Tasting Room, enjoy activities and programs in the Family Fun area, and shop for souvenirs and cool merchandise in the Marketplace. You can even get a hotel package and turn it into a fun weekend staycation!
7. Christopher Titus is coming to Addison Improv this Friday-Sunday! This entertainer is known as “hard funny,” and has starred and created the Fox show, “Titus,” has released nine ninety-minute albums in nine years, and is currently performing his tenth show, “Zero Side Effects.” He also makes viewers laugh on his YouTube channel ChristopherTitusTV, where he produces livestream comedy content. Tickets are available at 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday, and 6 p.m. Sunday.