This weekend is busy in Addison, marking the start of Summer and Father’s Day! That means you should take your dad out for drinks or dinner, then celebrate hot weather and good times at Addison After Dark or at a local art exhibit. Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Take your dad out for happy hour this week!
1. Happy hour happens every Monday-Friday from 3-6 p.m. at Yard House, and every Sunday-Thursday from 9:30 p.m.-close (food only after 11 p.m.). You can score $2 off all draft beer, wine, spirits, and cocktails. Then, fill up on half-price Carnivore pizza, pepperoni and mushroom pizza, cheese pizza, margherita pizza, and BBQ chicken pizza, or half-priced appetizers, including poke or chicken nachos, chicken lettuce wraps, fried chicken tenders, classic sliders, Wisconsin fried cheese curds, onion ring tower, Ahi Sashimi, fried calamari, boneless wings, and Gardein wings.
2. Weekends are a little happier at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub, which hosts drink specials from 2-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday – and all day on Sunday! Enjoy live music, drink specials, and European sports on TV. Grab a craft or bottled beer, margarita, classic or signature cocktail, and wine.
Treat your dad to a meal for Father’s Day this weekend.
3. At Table 13, your dad will eat like a king! They are hosting The King’s Feast from 6-8:30 p.m. Sunday, June 20 with a three-course Surf and Turf for $55. Start with bacon-wrapped dates and a center cut wedge salad. Then, order a prime filet and lobster tail or 16 oz prime ribeye steak and jumbo shrimp entrée. They are also offering Manhattan or Old Fashion vintage drinks for $13 each. There will also be live music by David Slater!
4. Another elevated dinner option is Chamberlain’s Steak and Fish, which is hosting live music all week in honor of Father’s Day as well as local Wagyu steak for dad on June 20. Music includes Les Farrington on Wednesday, Steve Barcus on Thursday, Jimmy Barcus on Friday, and Less Farrington on Saturday. While you’re there, you can also get wild Alaskan salmon, and many more delicious surf and turf options.
Jam out to ‘70s music this weekend!
5. Pull out your bellbottoms and get ready for a bomb weekend in Addison by attending Addison After Dark: ‘70s Night Out this Saturday! Start with Studio 22 Dance Lessons at 7 p.m., followed by the Silent Rumor Band at 7:30 p.m., a ‘70s costume contest at 9 p.m., and Le Freak at 9:30 p.m. – billed as “The Greatest Disco Band in the World.” It’s going to be a chill night, baby!
Arts and Entertainment
Check out new art and shopping experiences in the Corridor this week.
6. Galleria Dallas is hosting a Black Fashion Movement Pop Up June 17-20! Frenchye Harris created the Black Fashion Movement to showcase BIPOC talent in the fashion industry, and it will be at the Galleria this weekend only. “The unavailability of Black-owned brands and products that serve the African American community is profoundly impacting the African-American path to purchase”, noted Harris in a recent press release. “Creating in-store opportunities for Blackcustomers to touch, feel and try new products while shopping could be essential to building long term loyalty.” At the event, shop Kendall Miles Designs, Model Atelier, Parker Durban, Keva J Swimwear, Salone Monet, Shawna McGee Collection, Aisha McShaw Designs, LAMIK Beauty, and Gina Gant, as well as Dallas Designers Serita Jakes Home, Don Morphy, Sai Sankoh, and Dawn Franklin Designs. This free pop-up will be on Level One across from Gucci.
7. This weekend, George Kovach’s solo exhibition is opening at Southwest Gallery. Come to the opening event on Saturday, June 19. According to his bio, “As one stands before a George Kovach painting, nostalgia is brought into vivid focus as he masterfully takes the viewer on a personal journey through time where the romance of the past is brought back to life. Meet George Kovach June 19 and experience new works of the iconic Texas Hill Country!”