Summer is as good as here, and after a year of staying indoors, it’s time to have some fun and go on a vacation. However, it isn’t always necessary to hop on a plane and fly thousands of miles to a tropical destination. An amazing trip is waiting for you right in the comforts of the town you live in. The concept of the staycation is tried and true, and is bound to save you a little money as well. Addison is the perfect city to plan your staycation in, especially with upcoming events like Taste Addison and Addison Kaboom Town. Whatever your staycation needs might be, there’s something for you and your family to do to relax and just enjoy yourselves. Below is an outline of the perfect Addison staycation.
A major event that can be included in your staycation this year is Taste Addison. The annual two-day event is making its return on June 4th and 5th at Addison Circle Park. This will be the first Taste Addison festival since the coronavirus pandemic hit, so it is sure to be a good time filled with music, food and fun.
Taste Addison is definitely returning with a bang – the musical headliner for day one is rapper Flo Rida (he is responsible for hits like “Low,” “Good Feeling,” and “My House), and day two’s headliner is the alternative rock band Third Eye Blind, who has popular songs such as “Jumper” and “Semi-Charmed Life.” Other musical acts that will play the festival are Emerald City and Hoobastank.
In addition to a variety of music from different genres, there will be an array of food vendors for attendants to try different dishes from. I mean, it is called Taste Addison, after all. Some delicious spots you can get food from include Sanabels Mediterranean Grill, Herrera’s Tex Mex and Addison Ice House. There will also be a range of beers and wines for festival goers to partake in.
Due to the pandemic, the festival will require masks and social distancing. Staff will also perform frequent cleaning and sanitation for the safety of attendants. Tickets to Taste Addison can be purchased here.
Seeing a beautiful fireworks show with your family is another great option for a staycation activity. The Addison Kaboom Town fireworks show will happen on July 3 at Addison Circle Park, just in time for Independence Day celebrations. There will also be watch parties held at various establishments in Addison.
Where to Stay:
Addison has many gorgeous hotels that can host you or your family during your staycation! Below are some options for you to choose from:
- Renaissance Dallas Addison: Located at 15201 Dallas Parkway. The standard rate for one room is $169 a night.
- Springhill Suites by Marriott: Located at 15255 Quorum Drive. The standard rate for one room is about $95 a night.
- Radisson Hotel Dallas North-Addison: Located at 4960 Arapaho Road. This hotel is five minutes away from the Addison Airport. It boasts close proximity to other great activities in Addison. The standard rate for one room is $71.
Village on the Parkway:
Another aspect that makes Addison a great staycation spot are the different opportunities for entertainment. The Village on the Parkway is a one-stop shop that has any category of entertainment you might need on a weekend “away.” For those that like a bit of retail therapy, shopping at stores like Fancesca’s, Soma and Chicos is something you can do at the shopping strip.
A full day of shopping can leave you feeling pretty hungry, but luckily there are plenty of dining options at Village on the Parkway as well. Stop by Stirr for a cocktail, or even start off your time at the Parkway by having brunch there. For lunch or dinner, there’s Pluckers. Zoe’s Kitchen and Gloria’s are good choices for a nice family dinner, too.
For even more fun, you could go catch a movie at AMC Theaters or spend some time at Zero Latency. Zero Latency virtual reality experiences that are fun for all ages. Guests can choose to play in zombie survival games or even an island escape game.
More Fun Activities:
Addison is a place that is full of excitement and potential for adventure. If you can believe it, there are still more places in town to visit on your staycation, like the following:
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum: This museum teaches flight history and features vintage aircrafts.
- Bitter Sisters Brewery: Bitter Sisters is the only production brewery in Addison. Craft beer lovers should enjoy the variety of beers on tap.
- Addison Improv: Catching a comedy set at Addison Improv is always a good time. Check the events calendar to see who will be performing during your staycation.
- Grand Spa: A true staycation involves relaxing, and you can truly unwind at Grand Spa. There are several different packages to choose from, including cool sculpting.
Getting away from the stress of daily life doesn’t have to mean leaving town. I hope that this outline will help you plan your staycation so that you can get the down time you deserve!