It’s Cinco de Mayo and Mother’s Day weekend in Addison – two fantastic reasons to celebrate! Take your mom out to a delicious steakhouse in Addison or a live music show. Or, hit up happy hour for ice cold margaritas with friends. This weekend is also a great time to enjoy the outdoors at Addison Corporate Field Day. Learn all about this and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Order a refreshing margarita in honor of Cinco de Mayo this week.
1. On Wednesday, May 5, Vidorra is celebrating Cinco de Mayo with $5 margaritas, $5 import beers, $5 Cazadores Blanco Shots, and $30 Cazadores Vidorritas! Want to continue the celebration? Come in every weekday from 3-6 p.m. for $4 Dos XX, Modelo, Bud Light, Coors Light, Miller Light, and Mich Ultra; $5 house red, white or sparkling wine; $6 Vidorrita (rocks of frozen), El Continuar or Dulce Caliente; and more.
2. At Blue Mesa Grill, you can get dine-in or to-go margaritas for just $5! Or, come to their happy hour from Tuesday-Friday from 3-6:30 p.m. to score $5 large blue margaritas, $5 well drinks, $5 mojitos, $5 house wines, $18 blue rocks craft jar, and $1 off all beers.
Many restaurants in Addison are hosting Mother’s Day specials. Make your reservations now!
3. Chamberlain’s Steak and Fish is hosting a special Mother’s Day menu from 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sunday, May 9 for $49.95 per person (and $24.95 for kids). You can get your choice of starter, including the amazing Texas Gulf Coast Crabmeat, Shrimp and Corn Chowder and the Texas Wagyu and Prime Beef Meatballs among other things. For your entrée, you can get a Sea Salt and Herb Roasted Prime Rib, a Filet Mignon, a Wood Roasted Scottish Salmon, a Prime Baseball Cut NY Strip and Farm Egg, a Citrus Pesto Marinated Chicken Breast, or a Chili Spiced Jumbo Shrimp and Sweet Potato Grits. Finally, end your meal with your choice of Butterscotch Banana Bread Pudding, Classic Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlée, New York Style Cheesecake, or Warm Triple Chocolate Ganache Cake.
4. Take your mom out for a Mother’s Day brunch or dinner at Table 13! Seatings are available from 11 a.m. through 7 p.m., with a special prix fixe menu open until 4 p.m. for $39.99 a person. Choose from a salad, Seared Ahi Tuna, or Smoked Salmon for a starter. For your main course, you get a Filet Mignon, Roasted Prime Ribeye, Pecan Crusted Salmon, Shrimp Scampi, Steak and Eggs Benedict, or Lobster and Eggs Benedict. Dessert is your choice of Dark Chocolate Torte, Lemon Cake, or Crème Brûlée! You can also enjoy the wonderful sounds of Melani Skybell performing from 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and David Slater from 3:30-7:30 p.m.
There’s plenty of chances to listen to live music at Sidecar Social!
5. Wednesday is Cinco de Mayo, and Sidecar Social is hosting Live Band Karaoke at 9 p.m. (as well as drink specials!). Or, come in Thursday to hear the Big Daddy Trio at 7 p.m. TJ Broscoff and Limelight play on Friday night, at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m. respectively. Saturday will feature Tristan Inman at 7 p.m. and The Jam Wows at 9 p.m. Finally, Chris Watson will lay live at 2 p.m. Sunday.
Arts and Entertainment
From beautiful artwork to dirty yard games, there’s plenty to do in Addison this week.
6. Allison Gildersleeve’s “Swiftly Flow the Days” exhibit is now open at Valley House Gallery. Her gorgeous, colorful paintings feature nature, city scenes, inside homes, and more. You can see her work through June 5.
7. Get some fresh air this Friday for Addison Corporate Field Day! Addison residents are invited to Corporate Field Day, a chance to play some classic yard games with your team, and compete against other Addison businesses for awards, prizes and bragging rights.