Don’t let the rain get you down, Addison, there’s still plenty to do this week! Happy hour specials feature cold drinks and hot apps can cure any bad mood. There are also ways to score free gift cards at local restaurants, and a chance to help out the community through shopping. Addison After Dark also returns this Saturday, as well as a full lineup at the Addison Improv. Learn all about this and more in our guide of 7 Things to do This Week, below.
Order a frozen cocktail or cold beer at happy hour this week.
1. Head to Ida Claire for a delicious Frose or glass of wine at Vinyl Hour! Vinyl Hour (Ida’s name for happy hour) takes place from 3-6 p.m. and from 9-11 p.m. Monday-Friday, where you can get $5 Ida’s Froses, Frozen Hurricanes, margaritas, and Old Fashioned; $5 rotating white, red, or rose wines; $3 draft beers; and $5 bar bites, including Crawfish Beignets and Nashville Hot Chicken. The drinks and the deals are just too good to pass up!
2. Happy hour happens at Stirr on weekdays from 3-7 p.m. You can g et $1 off beer, $2 off wine by the glass, and $3 off specialty cocktails like Straight to the Health, made with El Silencio Mezcal, Patron Reposado, fresh lime juice, reaper agave, and a charred pepper garnish; or Over the Waterfall, made with barrel aged Patron Reposado, house-made watermelon syrup, and fresh lime juice garnished with Tajin Rim and watermelon, among others. At happy hour, you can also get half-price shareables and flatbreads.
Get a promotional gift card to a delicious Addison restaurant when you give back.
3. Eat delicious food and support veterans at the same time when you dine at Texas de Brazil! Through May 30, you will receive $5 back in gift certificates for every $5 donated to The Honor Foundation, an organization that helps ease the transition of U.S. Special Operations Forces from military to civilian careers, and $10 back in gift certificates for every $5 donated on Wednesdays. While you’re there, be sure to try the seasonal Spicy Picanha.
4. Gift cards are a great way to show you care. Right now, RA Sushi is encouraging everyone to send their mom, teacher, nurse, or any other hero in their life a gift card. When you buy $50 in gift cards, you will receive a $10 promotional card, and if you spend $200 in gift cards, you’ll get $60 in promotional cards! While you’re there, try the amazing Lobster Filet Mignon Roll, the Tootsy Maki, the Salmon Teriyaki Bowl and more.
Live music returns to Addison Circle Park this Saturday night.
5. In the mood for country music? Addison After Dark: Boots, Brews & BBQ is taking place this Saturday night at 7 p.m., featuring the live country music of Elaina Kay and Straight Tequila Night. You can also get fun country western dance lessons by Studio 22 to teach you a few moves to try out during the event. Wear your cowboy hat and boots and get ready for a good time.
Arts and Entertainment
Shop for a good cause or see a laugh-out-loud show in Addison this week.
6. Head to Galleria Dallas this weekend to shop for a good cause at Alley market from noon-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Local, women-owned businesses will be offering their wares at a pop-up market, with everyone donating 10% of sales to the Genesis Women’s Shelter to provide safety, shelter, and support for women who have experienced domestic violence. You can shop everything from luxury goods to custom hats, handmade jewelry, and build-your-own bouquets, as well as food, drinks, and photos.
7. There’s a full lineup of amazing talent at the Addison Improv this week! Nimesh Patel, New York City-based comedian and writer of the NBC show “A Little Late with Lilly Singh,” who has opened for Chris Rock and Aziz Ansari will be performing at 8 p.m. Wednesday. At 7 p.m. Thursday, you can see Michael Blaustein, an internationally touring headlining comedian, actor, and award-winning writer who co-hosts popular podcast “Stiff Socks” alongside Trevor Wallace. Finally, D.L. Hughley, iconic standup comedian, host of “D.L. Hughley Breaks the News” and “The D.L. Hughley Show,” writer and star of “The Hughleys” and more, will perform at 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Friday, 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday, and at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Sunday.