Orange and pink light splashes across the evening sky, as the sun sets over another beautiful spring day. There’s a festive atmosphere in the air, as neighbors, friends, and family members come together once again for the return of one of the Town of Addison’s highly anticipated event series – Addison After Dark! It’s going to be an amazing (and safe) party, and we can hardly wait!
Addison After Dark: Fiesta Noche is the first event of the year of this monthly series that goes until November. The free event begins at 7 p.m. Saturday, April 17, at Addison Circle Park, where guests can let loose, dance, eat, and play at this Fiesta Noche-themed outdoor party.
According to the event’s website, “Join us for a celebration complete with street tacos, mariachis, dancing and much more. Do some shopping in our Mini Mercado or come dressed in a Selena-inspired outfit to do the washing machine and win great prizes. Then cumbia the night away with Bidi Bidi Banda in honor of the Queen of Tejano’s birthday.”
The event kicks off at 7 p.m. with the music of Mariachi de Oro, followed by Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico music and beginner folklorico dance lesson. This is your chance to let your hair down, twirl around the grassy dancefloor and just have fun. Bidi Bidi Banda, a Selena tribute band, takes the stage at 9 p.m. The night ends with a Selena Look-Alike Contest open to all ages, where you can dress like the legendary singer for a chance to win prizes! First place is a $300 Visa gift card, second place is a $100 Visa gift card, and third place is a $50 Visa gift card.
Throughout the event, you can also buy delightful street tacos, quesadillas and nachos from Crown Catering, and loaded potatoes, flatbreads, and sandwiches from The Hot Potato. The event’s signature cocktail is the Wine a Rita by America’s Finest Beverages.
Additionally, you can go shopping at the Mini Mercado. Folklore & Tradition will be onsite, selling Mexican traditional clothing and accessories. El Arte del Mole will sell their artisan mole paste and Panaderia La Mejor will sell their Mexican sweet breads. There will also be an airbrush artist offering free, festive airbrush until 10 p.m.
The Town of Addison has taken enhanced health and safety measures to promote a safe gathering in accordance with current guidelines and recommendations. This includes enhanced cleaning and sanitization, social distancing, reduced contact, face coverings, dance lessons taught from the stage, and more.
Addison After Dark is a specialty entertainment series that brings a fresh perspective on outdoor fun in Addison Circle Park on the third Saturday of the month from April-November. Each month focuses on a different theme, offering a variety of activities, live music, food trucks, and unique experiences. Guests are encouraged to dress for the theme, bring a blanket or lawn chair, and get ready for an unforgettable night in Addison!
Upcoming events include:
- April 17: Fiesta Noche – Enjoy the sights, sounds and tasty smells of Latin America
- May 15: Boots, Brews & BBQ – Celebrate Texas with country music, line dance lessons, craft beer and great BBQ.
- June 19: ‘70s Night Out – Step back into the 1970s with live music, costume contests, old school activities and complimentary meals provided by In-N-Out!
- July 17: REC the Night – Celebrate National Parks & Recreation Month with a variety of fun and challenging fitness activities for all ages, energizing music, and gourmet food trucks.
- August 21: Pints & Pups – This popular event is back for another round of beer sampling with local breweries and furry hijinks with our favorite four-legged friends.
- September 18: Addison Oktoberfest (paid admission) – German fare with a side of Texas flair.
- October 16: Halloween Horror – Halloween isn’t just for kids! Come dressed for the occasion, which includes an outdoor showing of horror film Halloween 2018, axe throwing and a fire art show.
- November 20: Harvest Hootenanny – Celebrate fall and get your hootenanny on with live music from the Bodarks. Grab a bite from a gourmet food truck, visit the petting zoo, get your airbrush tattoo and take a scenic trip on a hayride.
For more information, visit AddisonAfterDark.com.