Craving an ice-cold beer? Addison’s got you covered. Hankering for some delicious crawfish? Addison has it in spades. Looking for some wild live entertainment and fun events? Again, you can’t go wrong in Addison! There is plenty to do on this lovely spring week in Town! Check out our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week to below.
1. In honor of National Beer Day on April 7, The Londoner is offering $1 off drafts all day. Regular happy hour takes place from 4-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 6-9 p.m. Sunday, where you can get $1 off all drinks and $7 burgers. It’s a great mid-week break!
2. This Wednesday, Yard House is offering $5 pints and goblets, and $10 Half Yards all day in honor of National Beer Day. Happy hour is from 3-6 p.m. and from 9:30 p.m.-close (food only after 11 p.m.), where you can get $2 off all draft beer, wine, spirits and cocktails; $3 off 9-ounce wine; and $4 off Half Yards.
It’s crawfish season, y’all!
3. Looking to score some delicious crawfish? You can’t go wrong at Nate’s Seafood and Steakhouse, which is giving away a complimentary sack of live crawfish, a boil bag, and a pint of Turbo seasoning every week! All you have to do is like their Facebook page, share the contest post, and comment #eatatnates to be entered into the drawing (next winner will be chosen on Saturday). Of course, you can also order Nate’s famous Louisiana boiled crawfish at the restaurant, as well as their crab, shrimp, oysters, gumbo, Po-Boys and more.
4. Lefty’s Lobster and Chowder House also offers crawfish – you can’t go wrong with their amazing Lefty’s Pasta, made with Jumbo shrimp, Andouille sausage, and crawfish in a spicy Cajun cream sauce over linguini, or the Cajun Spiced Trout with crawfish Remoulade. Other delicious options include the Fried Jumbo Shrimp, Pistachio Crusted Trout, and Shrimp Scampi.
Let loose with heart-pumping tunes in Addison.
5. Listen to live music at Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub this week. Wednesday night is Rock Star Fantasy with Time Machine at 9 p.m. April 7, where you can sing your heart out like never before. On Friday night at 9:45 p.m. the Lucky Finger band will perform. Finally, finish the weekend strong when The After Party performs the best Top 40 hits from the ages at 9:45 p.m. Saturday.
Arts and Entertainment
From fundraising events to coworking days, there’s plenty to do in Addison.
6. Operation Kindness is hosting its annual Hope Gala online this year, from now through April 10. Your support of the Hope Gala enables Operation Kindness to provide lifesaving medical care, shelter, nutritious food, and loving care to homeless dogs and cats in North Texas. You can bid on items, including Christian Louboutin handbags, a Hermes bucket hat, an Apple watch, an iPad Air, a Louis Vuitton tote, jewelry, dinner, getaways, alcohol, gift cards, and so much more. You can also enter in the raffle for a 4-day, 3-night vacation in the Fairmont Resort of your choice, including the Canadian Rockies, Arizona desert or historical Boston.
7. The famous orange event, Walk MS: Dallas, is now hosting its walk virtually on April 10! Visit Addison Circle Park, or any of your favorite running trails to sign up for this event that supports the National MS Society’s mission to stop MS in its tracks, restore what’s been lost and end MS forever. To participate, log into the Walk MS On-Demand Interactive Experience, where you can create a virtual Walk MS bib, visit national and local sponsor booths, learn about Society resources, celebrate 75 years of progress, see the top-fundraisers in Addison, collect things in your virtual backpack, and more. On the day of the event, you can track your steps to share with your supporters, and more.
8. Addison residents are invited to the Town of Addison’s Coworking Day in the Park from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday. This event takes casual Friday to the extreme, where you can set up your computer on one of the tables outside at Addison Circle Pavilion, help yourself to free coffee, free Wi-Fi and free fitness classes by Addison Outdoors, and enjoy working with your neighbors in a socially distanced way.