Cool spring days are made for enjoying nature, which you can do by exploring Addison’s parks and outdoor areas in honor of Earth Day this week. This is also a good time for rest and relaxation, which you can do at happy hour or by visiting an art gallery. And don’t forget lunch breaks! Make sure you actually take your one-hour break this week, treating yourself to a delicious meal in Addison. Below, you’ll find our recommendations in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Grab a pint of your favorite beer, a glass of whiskey, or a delicious cocktail at happy hour this week.
1. Strong drinks and delicious appetizers make any table at Public School 972 the “cool” table! Come in for Recess (aka, happy hour) from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday to enjoy $5 wines, $4 wells, $6 calls, $8 signature cocktails, $3 off all draft beer, and discounted appetizers (like the bacon cheddar tots or the amazing Filipino Adobo wings). You can also come in from 9 p.m.-close Monday-Friday to get free tater tots when you purchase a beer flight for $10.
2. With 32 craft beers on tap and weekly specials, it’s always a good time at Ron’s Place! Come in for Whiskey Wednesdays, where you can score $3 glasses of whiskey all day long. Friday night is Late Night Happy Hour from 11 p.m.-1 a.m. where you can score great drink specials, followed by Texas Whiskeys Saturday, where select whiskeys are $5. Finally, Texas Tuesday offers select Texas beers for just $3 per pint.
Delicious restaurant lunches you can grab in the Corridor.
3. Did you know some of your favorite restaurants have delicious lunch options (often at a cheaper price)? 12 Cuts Steakhouse is one example, which hosts lunch from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday-Friday. You can get a fresh organic salad, hot specialty dishes and delicious grilled pineapple for just $18.85 a person. Or score the full Churrasco lunch experience, including 12+ cuts of prime choice of meats, fresh salad brought to the table, hot specialty dishes, and delicious grilled pineapple for $33.85.
4. Table 13 opens for lunch at 11 a.m., where you can get $3 martinis with any entrée purchase until 4 p.m. on weekdays. They offer a $13 lunch menu (including a complimentary glass of champagne or chef-selected dessert), where you can choose any item on the list of 13 options for just $13. This includes their delightful lemon caper chicken and the FAB Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. Their regular lunch menu is also available, featuring a wide range of starters, soups, salads, sandwiches, entrees, and sides.
There’s a lot going on at Sidecar Social this week! Check out their live music acts Wednesday-Sunday.
5. Celebrate being halfway done with the week this Wednesday at Sidecar Social when Time Machine takes the stage at 8 p.m. to host live band karaoke. Then on Thursday, Michael Lee will perform at 7 p.m. Friday night features Josh Ingram at 7 p.m. and Time Machine at 9 p.m. Rock the night away on Saturday, with Good Question at 9 p.m. Finally, Mike & Rick take the stage Sunday at 2 p.m.
Arts and Entertainment
There’s always something go on in Addison! Check out the arts and entertainment options below.
6. In honor of Earth Day this Thursday, the Town of Addison is hosting a special scavenger hunt. Follow the eight clues found here to discover eight letters hidden in some of your favorite spots in Town. Take a photo with each letter, then arrange those photos in a collage that spells out “EARTH DAY.” Once your collage is complete, upload it to this form. The first 15 submissions win a gardening kit or gift card! Signs will be in place through Sunday, April 25, and the deadline to submit your collage is 5 p.m. April 29.
7. This is the last week to see David A. Dreyer and Emily LaCour’s shows at Valley House Gallery! You can see Dreyer’s “Cold Mountain Observatory,” which feature paintings inspired by music and the Cold Mountain poems of Han-shan, Chinese poet of the Tang Dynasty (618-907), as translated by Gary Snyder; and LaCour’s “In the Shade of a Tall Tree,” which speaks to her internal reality in a year of grief, rest and reflection, through Saturday, April 24.