It’s another beautiful spring week in Addison, which means it’s practically impossible to stay inside. Sip a cold drink on the patio, check out live entertainment when the highly anticipated Addison After Dark series returns, or help out your community by donating at the Town’s Earth Day event. Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
Happy hour drinks and fun bar events help break up the week.
1. Stop by happy hour at the Mucky Duck from 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, and stay for trivia night from 8-10 p.m. Then come back Thursday for happy hour from 4 p.m.-2 a.m. and karaoke at 8:30 p.m. On Friday, happy hour is from 3-9 p.m., where you can enjoy a drink at the bar or outside on the huge patio. On the weekend, you can score select deals on appetizers and drinks. Finally, come back Monday for happy hour from 4-7 p.m., $0.50 cent wings and $4 pints, and Taco Tuesday from 4-7 p.m., where you can also get $2 tacos, $2 tecate, and $2 chips and salsa.
2. Come in for unique drink specials almost every day at The Back 9. Wednesday includes half-priced pizzas and $4 U Call It drinks. Thirsty Thursdays include $3 Deep Eddys/Three Olives, $4Trulys, and $3.50 wells. On Sunday, enjoy $4 calls, $3 Fireballs, $2 wells, and $3.50 domestic drafts and bottles. Monday offers $3.50 domestic pints, $3 wells with half-price pizzas from 7-11 p.m., and Bingo beginning at 8 p.m. Tuesday specials include $3 wells and $0.50 boneless wings from 7-11 p.m.
Bacon is one of life’s greatest pleasures, so enjoy it!
3. If you are craving bacon (I don’t blame you), then head to Lazy Dog! They make a delicious bacon candy, where the bacon is packed with brown sugar, crushed red pepper chili flakes, and black pepper for your enjoyment. The candied bacon also comes on the delicious Crispy Deviled Eggs, which are lightly fried and topped with smoked paprika and bacon candy, and the PB&J Burger, made with a grilled ½-pound beef patty, candied bacon, Havarti, peanut butter, grape jelly, lettuce, tomato, onions, and pickles.
4. Another place to get your bacon fix is at Texas de Brazil. For a limited time, they have brought back their amazing Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños, which are stuffed with cheese and wrapped in bacon for a delicious appetizer. The restaurant also offers several meat options with bacon, including the chicken breast wrapped in bacon and the filet mignon wrapped in bacon.
Addison After Dark is coming back this Saturday!
5. Let loose with live music under the stars at Addison After Dark: Fiesta Noche on April 17. While enjoying the beautiful spring air, you can enjoy the music of Mariachi de Oro at 7 p.m. Then at 7:30 p.m., Anita N. Martinez Ballet Folklorico will offer dance lessons so the crowd will be ready for Bidi Bidi Banda to take the stage at 9 p.m.! This free event takes place at Addison Circle Park.
Arts and Entertainment
Help the community and catch a show in Addison this week.
6. Outcry Theatre’s The Great Gatsby premieres this Friday at Studio Theatre in Addison Theatre Centre. Based on the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald, this show is set in the spring of 1922, when shy Nick Carroway moves east to become a bond salesman. He’s immediately enthralled by the lavish parties thrown by his next-door neighbor, millionaire Jay Gatsby. But despite his appearances of having everything he wants, he can’t get over his love, Daisy, who is married to Tom Buchanan. This is a tale of bootleg drinks, fast cars, and lost love that can’t be missed. The show will go on through April 25.
7. The Town of Addison is hosting Earth Day this Saturday, April 17, from noon-3 p.m. at the Addison Service Center. Bring items for on-site shredding, donate items for recycling, bring non-perishable food items for the Metrocrest Services Food Bank, and more.