From early St. Patrick’s Day parties to a classy wine pairing, there is plenty to do in the North Dallas Corridor this weekend! Order your favorite drink at a local happy hour, grab delicious food in-person or to-go, dance to live music, take green Jello shots, and laugh the night away to a funny comedian at Addison Improv. Learn all about these events and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below.
1. Stop by Pane Vino Osteria on weekdays from 3-6 p.m. for happy hour! In addition to $2 off all signature cocktails, you can get $6 Chianti, sangria and pinot grigio, and $5 Hans’ Pils, Shock Top and Bishop Cider. While you’re there, be sure to order some delicious flatbread or fresh artisan pasta.
2. Another place to score amazing drink specials is Public School 972. Happy hour (aka, Recess) takes place from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. You can get signature cocktails for $8, sangria for $5, select wine for $5 a glass or $18 a bottle, well drinks for $4, call drinks for $6 and $3 off all draft beers. If you get hungry, try some of the mouth-watering bar bites, like bacon cheddar tots or Parmesan truffle frites.
Delicious food, addicting wine, and good company can be yours in the Corridor.
3. This Thursday, March 11 from 5-6:30 p.m., attend Michele DeWitt’s “It’s the Wine Talking – Everyday Pairing” event hosted at Parkway Café and Terrace. DeWitt, co-founder of FB Society and a Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 3 advanced sommelier, will guide guests through four courses of food and wine. Each course has a different theme including Movie Night, featuring a domestic bubbly paired with salty snacks like popcorn and chips; Italian Night, where you can get a Sangiovese Tuscan blend wine with meatballs and marinara; Barbecue Night, which includes a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw, pickles, BBQ sauce and a California Zinfandel; and Asian Night, featuring a Washington State Riesling with Asian foods. Tickets are $50 per person.
4. March marks 18 years of Chef Gorji! The restaurant is celebrating throughout the entire month by offering complimentary Brut Champagne or two complimentary desserts with any two purchases of the special three- or four-course prix fixe menus to-go and a bottle of wine. Additionally, 15 percent of all wine proceeds will be donated to the North Texas Food Bank, helping those in need in the community. You will love this fine cuisine that make for a perfect at-home date night!
Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub is hosting live music all weekend!
5. Practice your singing chops on Wednesday at 9 p.m. at Sherlock’s, where Time Machine is hosting Rock Star Fantasy Karaoke. Then on Friday, Time Machine returns at 9:45 p.m. to take the stage for a live show of their own, where they’ll perform cover songs of hits through the ages. On Saturday, Big Daddy Band will perform at 9:45 p.m., with their talented music, high-tech sound and lights, and amazing presence that will instantly put you in a party mood.
Arts and Entertainment
Let loose this weekend with St. Patty’s Day parties and live entertainment!
6. An early St. Patrick’s Day party is happening at Sidecar Social this Saturday, beginning at 11 a.m. Wear green and come out to listen to live music by DJ Joe Vega beginning at 6 p.m., Emerald City Band at 9:30 p.m., and all-day drink specials like $5 Jameson, $6 Car Bombs, and two for $4 green Jello shots!
7. Mark Nomand is coming to Addison Improv this Thursday-Saturday. Born in New Orleans and now living in New York, Nomand travels across the country to perform at comedy clubs and festivals. He has also released comedy specials and has appeared on “The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon,” “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” “Inside Amy Schumer,” “Last Comic Standing” and more. Tickets are available at 8 p.m. March 11, 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. March 12, and 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. March 13.