February is here, a time to embrace love, wine, Black history, and enjoying the last few cold days of winter. Visit a striking photography exhibit called “Black is Beautiful,” then drink a sweet wine at happy hour at Astoria Caffe and Wine Bar. Later on, meet your friends for delicious appetizers, then check out Christina P performing at Addison Improv. Learn all about these events and more in our Guide of 7 Things To Do This Week.
Drink a nice glass of wine this week in Addison.
1. Happy hour takes place every day from 4-7 p.m. at Astoria Caffe and Wine Bar. Here, you can get deals on red wine, rose and white wine by the bottle. This month, you can also try their featured wines for 30% off, like champagne, Moscato, chardonnay, rose, pinot noir and other bubbly, sweet, semi-sweet, white, rose and red wines. Don’t miss out on their seasonal cocktails either, like the Dragon Kiss, which is an appletini with a floating cranberry heart for Valentine’s Day.
2. At Yard House’s happy hour, you can get select half-price appetizers and pizzas; $2 off all draft beer, wine, spirits and cocktails; $3 off 9-ounce wine; and $4 off Half Yards. Come in from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday or from 9:30 p.m.-close (food only after 11 p.m.) Sunday-Thursday for these deals. While you’re there, be sure to try one of their sweet cocktails, like the Grey Goose Strawberry Mule, Sunset Sangria, Magic Margarita and more.
Choose your restaurant based on its appetizers, it’s totally fine!
3. Queso isn’t a food, it’s a lifestyle. Sometimes that’s all I’m craving for dinner – which is OK!. If you can relate, head to On the Border in Addison this week to take part of Queso Fest happening this season! In addition to their regular queso (always delicious), On the Border is also offering Texas Queso Fries, Melted Queso Fundido, Queso Steak Torta, Cheesy Queso Enchiladas, and Grilled Queso Chicken – all of which are the perfect mix of creamy, spicy and delicious. And, in the month of February, you can also get a $5 1800 Grande ‘Rita made with 1800 Silver Tequila.
4. Going to Chuy’s in Addison is always a good idea. Order queso, made with melted cheese, green chile and ranchero sauces, with your choice of seasoned ground beef, guacamole and pico de gallo. Or, go for their fresh guacamole, nachos, panchos (nachos with your choice of fajita chicken, fajita beef or seasoned ground beef and guacamole) or quesadillas. Don’t forget to order the favorite Boom-Boom sauce, made with roasted New Mexican green chiles, tomatillos, green onions and cilantro, blended with cheese.
Sidecar Social offers live music every Wednesday-Saturday nights!
5. Head to Sidecar Social this week to test out your singing skills with Time Machine, who is hosting live band karaoke at 8 p.m. Or, go by Thursday at 7 p.m. to listen to the tunes of Joey Green. The Jam Wows will have you on your feet dancing on Friday at 9 p.m. Finally, end the weekend on a strong note with Big Daddy Band performing at 9 p.m. Saturday.
Arts and Entertainment
Check out one of these entertaining events in the Corridor.
6. Christina P will bring good-natured humor and lots of laughs to Addison when she performs at the Addison Improv this weekend! She is a stand-up comedian, writer, TV personality and podcast host with Netflix specials, credits in animation projects, and a unique commentary on pop culture for the podcast “Your Mom’s House.” Catch her show at 8 p.m. or 10:15 p.m. Thursday, 7:30 p.m. or 9:45 p.m. Friday, or at 7 p.m. or 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
7. In honor of Black History Month, Galleria Dallas is hosting Yesi Fortuna’s “Black is Beautiful DFW” event. This is a series of black-and-white portraits of families, individuals and community influencers. Last June, Fortuna opened Fort Lion Studio’s doors to the area’s Black community for free portraits in honor of the “Black is Beautiful” movement. These photos will hang on the Gallery Wall across from Apple on Level 1 of the Galleria from now through Feb. 28.