We hope everyone is staying safe during this historical winter storm in Texas! Although roads are filled with snow and ice right now and people are encouraged to stay home if they can, the forecast shows a much warmer weekend. Whether you are just trying to survive the cold until the snow leaves or you are enjoying the extreme temps, we have plenty of stuff for you to do this week in Addison. Cozy up at home and stream the latest movies, enjoy delicious food and drinks, venture out to listen to live music and above all, stay warm! Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week below. (Note: call or check social media before heading out to make sure the below places are open in this weather.)
We could all use a strong drink right now! Grab one in Addison.
1. Happy hour at Vidorra takes place from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. You can get $4 Bud Light, Modelo, Coors Light, Mich Ultra, Miller Light and Dos XX. Or score $5 house red, white or sparkling wine, and $6 Vidorrita (frozen or on the rocks), El Continuar, or Dulce Caliente. Half-price appetizers are available as well. As a bonus, be sure to come in Monday, Feb. 22 for National Margarita Day, where you can get $6 Patron Margarita Frozen Shooters, $6 Patron Margaritas, and $30 large format Patron Margaritas.
2. Since Ida Claire offers curbside delivery and cocktails to-go, you can stay warm all week with their delicious drink kit that make three cocktails for $15. Your drink options are Hurricane, which includes white and Jamaican rum, passion fruit, strawberry, cane sugar, citrus and grenadine; Mint Condition, which includes gin, mint, lime, cucumber, cane sugar and hellfire bitters; and Margarita, which includes tequila, agave, lime and curacao. Or go for Ida’s Cocktail Pack for $40, which includes one of each drink kit and makes 9 cocktails.
A hot meal that you don’t have to cook? Sounds amazing!
3. From delicious meats to fantastic pastas, Ferrari’s Italian Villa is the place to go. You can’t go wrong with the Ferrari’s Lamb Chops, seasoned with rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper on a blazing hot grill. Of course, Lasagna al Forno, made with Mamma’s special style meat, cream, tomatoes and parmigiano, is always a fantastic choice. Seafood over pasta, flavorful steaks, and sweet desserts are all fantastic options as well. Eat it there or take it to-go!
4. Warm up at Kenny’s Italian Kitchen, a place featuring “Southern Italian American” food, including veal, chicken and seafood in the styles of parmigiana, piccata and marsala. If you’d rather eat at home, choose the Take and Bake Pasta Pack ($50), which is your choice of chicken parmigiana, baked ziti or lasagna that feeds four people. It also includes salad, bread and a bottle of wine. It’s the perfect companion for an at-home date night or movie night.
It’s always a party at Sidecar Social.
5. From live band karaoke to themed parties, there’s always something going on at Sidecar Social. Scheduled this week is Joseph Veazie at 7 p.m. Thursday, Extended Play at 9 p.m. Friday, CHERRY at 9 p.m. Saturday, and Michael Lee at 7 p.m. Monday. Since Monday also marks National Margarita Day, you can get $5 house margaritas and $2 off specialty margaritas.
Arts and Entertainment
Stay in and watch a movie this weekend!
6. Limited series “Behind Her Eyes” begins streaming Feb. 17 on Netflix. This psychological thriller is based on Sarah Pinborough’s best-selling novel about a single mother who enters a world of twisted mind games when she begins an affair with her psychiatrist boss while secretly befriending his mysterious wife. The show stars Simona Brown, Eve Hewson and Tom Bateman.
7. Looking for a heartfelt teen rom-com to watch? The Map of Tiny Perfect Things is exactly what you need, now streaming on Amazon Prime. The movie is about quick-witted teen Mark (Kyle Allen), who is content with living the same day in an endless loop – until his world is turned upside down by the mysterious Margaret (Kathryn Newton), who is also stuck in the loop. The fantastical love story is the perfect escapism movie we could all use right now.