January is a fresh start – especially after the year we just had. This week, reach your goals by eating healthy, getting some fresh air and giving yourself a mental break with entertaining live music in Addison. Learn about all these and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week, below.
Unwind at one of these local happy hours.
1. At RA Sushi, there’s no shortage of delightful drinks to try during happy hour! Come in from 3-7 p.m. and 10-11 p.m. Monday-Saturday, and from 3-close Sunday for happy hour, where you can score $2 off wine by the glass as well as other drink specials on select “RA”ckin’ Cocktails, Signature Spirits, Artisanal Sake, Beer and more. Certain appetizers are on sale too, so be sure to come hungry!
2. Tuesdays are a great time to visit The Londoner because you can score select Texas pints for just $4! Or, come on Wednesdays for ½ off bottles of wine and whiskey specials, or Saturdays and Sundays for $4 mimosas, $4 Bloody Mary’s, $15 mimosa pitchers and $15 domestic buckets.
Looking to eat healthier? There are plenty of places in Addison to do just that!
3. Enjoy a flavorful and delicious meal that will keep you on the right track for your New Year’s resolutions at The LowKey Poke Joint! Start by picking your base – seaweed wrap, pink soy wrap, Wasabi peas wrap, Jasmine rice bowl, Kale mix bowl or other options, then choose a protein. Finally, pile your lunch with healthy sides, flavorful toppings and mouth-watering sauces for a meal that’s delicious, filling and good for you!
4. Mediterranean food with a modern spin is available at Zoes Kitchen. Try a spinach feta rollup, a Moroccan chicken Piadina, family dinners of kabobs, falafels or Mediterranean chicken, and more. It’s also a great option for you to order for your co-workers!
Dance the night away with live music in Addison.
5. Head to Sherlock’s Baker St. Pub this week to dance and sing along to live music. Wednesday night, belt out your favorite tunes during Rockstar Fantasy Karaoke with Time Machine. Thursday, DJ Chirinos will play, followed by The Big Daddy Band on Friday. Finally, Live 80 will bring the ultimate ‘80s experience to the place on Saturday night.
Arts and Entertainment
Get outdoors this week!
6. It’s a beautiful week in Addison, so why not enjoy it? Head outside to admire nature on one of Addison’s many parks and trails, or go on a tour of public art in Addison. The vibrant public art pieces were made possible by the Addison Arbor Foundation, a nonprofit organization founded in 1995 to promote and enhance landscaping, public art, public parks, and parks and recreation programs for Addison. Some of the beautiful art you can see includes the Tango Fantasia by Art Fairchild, located at the Addison Conference and Theatre Centre, and the Spectra by Scott Shubin, located on Spectrum Drive outside the AMLI.
7. Work toward your New Year’s resolutions by working out outside! While you wouldn’t be alone if you decided to walk or jog on the trails in Addison, if you are looking for a more guided workout, sign up for Clamp Gladiator. There are many different class options, times and locations, including Addison Circle Park and Vitruvian Park. Here, you can work out with others in this 60-minute, full-body workout program that incorporates cardio and strength. No two workouts are exactly the same, so you’ll be motivated to keep coming back! Right now, you can sign up for free in January to try it out, so you really have no excuse not to.