Winter is here, Addison! Whether we like it or not, the weather is getting colder (we actually saw snow last weekend!), so we might as well make the most of it! From freezing days to chilly sunshine, it’s always a good time to enjoy hot steak dinners. Or, live on the wild side by going to happy hour and ordering ice-cold frozen margaritas! Another way to stay warm this month is by dancing to live music or catching a show that will make you laugh until you cry. Learn about all these things and more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week!
Embrace the cold weather with an ice-cold margarita.
1. You can’t go wrong with a delicious margarita at Chuy’s Addison, especially when you try their new Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita made with fresh lime juice, pineapple juice, agave syrup and Dulce Vida Pineapple Jalapeño Tequila (you can even request it made with strawberry swirl for extra flavor). Come in for happy hour from 4-7 p.m. Monday-Friday, where you can score $5.25 house ‘Ritas, $9.25 Texas martinis, $3.25 domestic beers, $1 off glasses of wine and more.
2. Another place to get fantastic margaritas is at Blue Mesa Grill in Addison! Happy hour happens every Tuesday-Friday from 3-6:30 p.m., where you can get $5 large blue margaritas (their famous drink!), $5 well drinks, $5 house wines, $18 blue rocks craft jar (for two or more people), $1 off all draft beer and $1 off Modelo. Pair it with their delicious queso or blue corn nachos for a really delightful evening.
Treat a date (or yourself!) to a nice dinner out in Addison.
3. You don’t need a reason to eat good food – simply craving it is enough! Make a reservation this week at Chamberlain’s Steak and Fish, open from 4:30-9 p.m. Sunday-Wednesday and until 9:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday. Here, take your pick of premium meats, including peppered filet mignon, herb- and sea salt-roasted prime rib of beef, pomegranate-glazed duck breast, honey glazed pork chops, double cut lamb chops and more. There is also plenty of fresh seafood on the menu, fresh salads and delicious sides. Don’t forget to try the famous Chamberlain’s Colossal Cheesecake or Warm Flourless Triple Chocolate Cake for dessert!
4. From now through Thursday, Jan. 14, you can take advantage of Chef Gorji’s three- or four-course takeout menu for $83 or $96, respectively. These include your choice of New Zealand Venison Tenderloin, 3 Cheese Spinach Lasagna or Pan-Seared TX Quail Legs for your appetizer; artichoke hearts and mixed green salad, or baby greens and strawberry salad; and Prime New York Strip with Diced Lobster Tail, Seared Icelandic Cod and TX Shrimp or Prime Beef Tenderloin for your entrée. If you want to add dessert, you get the option of strawberries with Bulgarian feta and house-made kefir, flourless chocolate cake with raspberries and whipped crème, or house-made kefir cheese with Jordan Valley Medjool date and pomegranate reduction with sesame wafers. Take this meal to-go and enjoy it from the comfort of your own home!
Warm up on a cold January night by dancing to live music in town.
5. Visit Sidecar Social this week for a packed lineup, starting Wednesday with Live Band Karaoke with Time Machine at 8 p.m. Thursday at 7 p.m. will feature live acoustic by Chet Stevens, followed by Downtown Fever at 9 p.m. Friday. Finally, the weekend ends on a high note with music by Tenacity at 9 p.m.
Arts and Entertainment
Addison’s got you covered on weekend entertainment!
6. Marlon Wayans will be performing live at Addison Improv this week! This multi-talented man is an actor, producer, comedian, writer and film director, whose films have grossed more than $736 million in the domestic vox office. He released his first stand-up comedy special, “Woke-ish,” on Netflix in 2018, and has been in the Netflix movie, SEXTUPLETS. Longtime fans recognize hi8m from his work as Marcus Copeland in White Chicks, or his time on Scary Movie and Scary Movie 2, but newer fans appreciate his humor in his online venture, What the Funny, that showcases established and eme4rging comedians. Grab your tickets now for Thursday night at 8 p.m., Friday night at 7:30 p.m. or 9:45 p.m., Saturday night at 7 p.m. or 9:30 p.m., or Sunday night at 7:30 p.m.
7. The Marksman is premiering this Friday night at AMC Village on the Parkway 9! This action thriller stars Liam Neeson as a hardened border town rancher, who helps a young boy escape to safety across America when viscous drug cartel assassins try to chase them down. It’s an adventure that’s sure to keep you on the edge of your seat!