Happy almost New Year, Addison! As the end of 2020 quickly approaches (finally!) there are plenty of things to do. Give back to your community, enjoy the last weekend of holiday events and celebrate New Year’s Eve in safe way. Check out our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week for more.
1. Spend New Year’s Eve out this year by heading to Mucky Duck, where they will be hosting a complimentary champagne toast at midnight as well as a DJ to help usher in the New Year.
2. Visit Sidecar Social at 9 p.m. this New Year’s Eve to attend their NYE party, featuring a live DJ, live music from Cherry, a complimentary champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight, and more. You can also grab special packages, which will include a bottle of champagne, appetizers, custom swag and more.
Start the New Year right with brunch.
3. Waking up late and treating yourself to a boozy brunch is the best New Year’s Day tradition! Head over to Stirr inside Village on the Parkway for their Hangover Brunch, taking place from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Jan. 1. There will be a wide variety of menu items offered, including the Brunch Burger, Chicken and Grits, and Giant Donut Holes, as well as mimosas, winter sangria, Bloody Mary’s and more.
4. There’s still time to enjoy the limited-time holiday food at Snooze, an A.M. Eatery. Come in this week for Jalapeno and Pomegranate Glazed Bacon, Pumpkin Pecan Pie Pancakes, Peppermint Bark Pancakes or the Holiday Harvest Bowl. No matter what you choose, it’s sure to be delicious!
If live music is what you’re after, Table 13 has got your back.
5. Enjoy a classy New Year’s Eve by making a reservation at Table 13, where Mike Nicosia will play from 5-7:30 p.m. followed by Marc Toussaint from 8 p.m.-midnight. During the event, you will also get a special four-course prix fixe menu and a champagne toast. During the week, you can also here Melani Skybell perform Wednesday night and Marc Toussaint again on Jan. 2.
Arts and Entertainment
Give back to others and enjoy some last-minute holiday experiences this weekend in Addison.
6. The Addison Athletic Club is hosting a canned food drive to benefit Metrocrest Services, from now through Dec. 31. Bring your canned goods and other non-perishable food items to the marked boxes inside the club. This food drive is designed to help Metrocrest Services’ food pantry, which has seen visits four times higher than the number of visits during a typical December. Specific items needed include: canned soup, canned tomato sauce, cereal, peanut butter, baby wipes, feminine hygiene, shampoo, toothpaste and more.
7. The lights at Vitruvian Park will still be up through Jan. 3! Come see Vitruvian Lights, featuring colorful displays of twinkling LED lights that transform the park into a winter wonderland. This is great for a peaceful stroll to get that magical Christmas feeling one last time.
8. Stream Ella’s Swinging Christmas, presented by WaterTower Theatre, by Jan. 3! This delightful tribute to Ella Fitzgerald features dazzling holiday tunes and some of Fitzgerald’s classic hits, previously filmed in a socially distant way. It’s a heartfelt, entertaining and enjoyable way to end the season.