Take a deep breath – it’s the last weekend before Christmas! Unless you’ve gotten your shopping and wrapping done already (jealous!), then you are probably, understandably, a little stressed right now. Take some time away from the hustle and bustle to enjoy the holiday spirit this week, if you can. There are so many amazing things happening in Addison! From local happy hours to burger specials to holiday-themed festivities, there are plenty of ways to relieve stress and have fun. Learn more in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week.
Raise a glass to delicious beer and great company this week in Addison!
1. With more than 240 different beers and 102 taps, Flying Saucer Draught Emporium is the go-to place for delicious brews. All beer bottles and cans that you order to-go are 50 percent off, or you can come in Monday for 4 Buck Monday to get select drinks for $4. Fans of “The Office,” mark your calendars for Tuesday, Dec. 22, when Flying Saucer is hosting an Office Christmas Party trivia night with a $50 prize, plus a prize for the ugliest sweaters. It’s always a good day to be a beerknurd (AKA Flying Saucer’s nickname for their biggest fans)!
2. Happy hour happens weekdays from 4-7 p.m. at the Mucky Duck. Also, don’t miss Taco Tuesday with $2 tacos, $2 chips and salsa, and $2 Tecate beers. Come in Wednesday for Trivia Night from 7-10 p.m., where they will have $4 Jack, $4 Jackapple, $4 Jackhoney, $4 Hobadillo’s and Happy Hour Queso all night. Then, bring your girlfriends for Ladies Night on Thursday, where you can get $3.50 Millers and $4 Hobadillos.
Did someone say burgers? Check out the delicious selections in Addison.
3. For a limited time, you can get the Truffle Marmalade Burger at Hopdoddy Burger Bar, which is December’s burger of the month. It is topped with bacon onion marmalade and truffle gouda fondue, along with dill pickles and mustard. It is hot, delicious and definitely hits the spot this season!
4. Come in any day in December to try Snuffer’s Restaurant and Bar’s burger of the month: The Farmhouse Burger. This delicious burger is topped with American cheese, applewood-smoked bacon, deli-sliced ham, mayo, hash browns, and a fried egg, served on a locally sourced toasted poppy seed bun. While you’re there, don’t miss out on the famous original cheddar fries topped with freshly grated aged Wisconsin cheddar cheese.
It’s a party night all week at The Back 9!
5. Wednesday night, put on your ugliest Christmas sweater and head to The Back 9 to dance to the music of DJ Santa, beginning at 10 p.m. On Thursday, come in at 8 p.m. to participate in Karaoke Lottery, where the best singer will win a cash prize. Friday and Saturday nights, beginning at 10 p.m., will feature the jams of DJ Will. Then on Monday, you can test your musical knowledge with Rock n Roll Bingo (winners get $10 The Back 9 gift cards!). You’re sure to have a blast, no matter what day you come in.
Arts and Entertainment
Holiday festivities are in full swing in Addison!
6. There are still a few days left of Village on the Parkway’s 12 Days of Giveaways! Follow their Instagram page @villonthepkwy to see their post each day featuring a new giveaway. In the past, they have done gift cards to AMC Theatres, Mix Hair Color Bar, Pie Tap, Cinnaholic and more. Just follow the directions on the site to enter to win – each giveaway only lasts 24 hours, so be sure to check back daily.
7. Metrocrest Services is hosting Santa Calls, now through Dec. 22. For just $15, your child will receive a call from Santa himself – and your donation will help community members in need this time of year. You can also donate a call from Santa and a gift to a child for $40.
8. This Wednesday, Galleria Dallas is hosting Pet Night with Santa. From 6-9 p.m., bring your dog or cats to see Santa in his socially distanced sleigh and get y our picture taken. Or, come by on Friday from 9 p.m.-midnight for SNOWDAY Dallas’s midnight madness event. It’s impossible not to feel in the holiday spirit at Galleria Dallas!