It’s the start of another busy week in Addison, filled with tons of holiday prep, shopping, baking, decorating and planning. We’re only two-and-a-half weeks until Christmas, after all! Enjoy this fun time while taking plenty of breaks in Addison, where you can score happy hour specials, eat amazing food and see a live show. Check out our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week for more information!
Drink up at one of these local happy hours.
1. Treat yourself during the week at Stirr, where you can get $5 weekday Libations. Try the Grapefruit Basil Cooler, the Cranberryf Pineapple Punch, the Strawberry Lemonade or the Cucumber Lime Spritz when you just want to stay hydrated. Of course, if you are looking for something boozy, Stirr has you covered there too. Happy hour specials include $1 off beer, $2 off wine by the glass and $3 off specialty cocktails.
2. Happy hour happens from 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday and from 9:30 p.m.-close Sunday-Thursday at Yard House. Here, you can get $2 off all draft beer, wine, spirits and cocktails; $3 off 9-ounce wine; and $4 off Half Yards. If you get hungry, then you can also score select half-priced pizza and appetizers.
Eat delicious new menu options in Addison this week.
3. You already know Ida Claire is home to some of the best Southern food in the Corridor. This week, try the restaurant’s latest menu items inspired by Ida’s Southern roots. Some of these tasty foods include Blistered Greens, Duck Nachos, Avocado Toast, Gulf Seafood Dip, Hot Honey Sliders, Bacon Smash Burger, Seafood Pasta, Ida’s Fried Chicken, and an 8-ounce CAB Filet. There are also amazing desserts, including the Red Velvet Cakes and Sticky Toffee Buns made with cinnamon, sugar, toffee sauce and toasted pecans. You can’t go wrong with anything you order!
4. Host an amazing party at home by ordering from Blue Mesa Grill this holiday season. Try their new Holiday Family Pack To-Go, featuring red chile glazed ham, pineapple mango salsa, roasted sweet potatoes, Chimayo Corn, green beans, sweet corncake, enchiladas, holiday salad, rolls and your choice of pie. You can also get French Toast Cajeta Bread Pudding. It’s $120 for six. You can also cater a party with individually packaged meals or order a New Year’s Brunch To-Go in preparation for the New Year (available 12/31 and 1/1 only). It’s a delicious way to eat at home!
Listen to live holiday music at Galleria Dallas this weekend.
5. The Dallas Symphony Orchestra Concert Truck will be onsite on the Alley at Galleria Dallas this Saturday for a free, socially distanced concert! The DSO Concert Truck was founded in 2016 by pianists Susan Zhang and Nick Luby, which brings classical chamber music directly to communities. It has traveled all over the U.S. performing in a variety of music. Each concert will be about 45-60 minutes long.
Arts and Entertainment
Watch live entertainment in Addison this weekend!
6. Ella’s Swinging Christmas is happening now through Jan. 3, 2021 at WaterTower Theatre!This jazzy holiday tribute to Ella Fitzgerald, known as “the first lady of song,” is a special video-on-demand event featuring Feleceia Wilson (Benton) from WTT. Wilson will perform seventeen of Fitzgerald’s exceptional arrangements of Christmas classics, including “Jingle Bells,” “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” and “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” as well as iconic hits like “Blue Skies.” She is accompanied by Kwinton Gray on piano, KJ Gray on upright bass and Jackie Whitmill on percussion. Tickets start at $19.
7. This Thursday-Saturday, Steve Byrne is coming to Addison Improv! Byrne was the star and creator of “Sullivan & Son,” a half-hour comedy on TBS along with Vince Vaughn’s Wild West Productions for three seasons. He also has his own comedy specials on Netflix and Comedy Central, and he has acted in feature films like The Dilemma, Couples Retreat, Four Christmases and more. Tickets are available at 8 p.m. Dec. 10, 7:30 p.m. and 9:45 p.m. Dec. 11, and 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Dec. 12.