We’ve made it to December, Addison! As we enter the last month of 2020 (finally!) it’s a good time to really enjoy the holiday season, drink delicious limited-time holiday drinks, stuff our faces with Italian food, and go to all the amazing holiday events we can! Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week, below.
It’s chilly in Addison, drink some delicious, warm seasonal drinks this week!
1. It’s hard to enjoy an ice-cold margarita or straight-from-the-tap beer when it’s this cold outside. Drink something warm and sweet instead from Astoria Caffe and Wine Bar! They have an entire menu full of spiked seasonal coffees, including Santa’s Spiked Cider, Naughty Hot Toddy, Polar Bear Mocha, Rudolph’s Old Fashion, Jingle Bell Sangria, Candy Cane Sipper, Verry Berry Christmas, The Grinch and more. Or, you can add a shot to one of their seasonal coffees for extra holiday fun. Also, be sure to stop by for happy hour every day from 4-7 p.m. for deals on red wine by the bottle!
2. Tasty holiday drinks are also available for a limited time at Snooze, an A.M. Eatery. You can’t go wrong with the warm Spiked Cocoa, made with Snooze hot chocolate, tequila, coffee liqueur, peppermint, vanilla, whipped cream and crushed candy canes. Or, try the Celebration Cider, made with hot mulled cider, white rum, and aperol with a lemon wheel.
Italian food hits the spot during cold weather! Check out these options in Village on the Parkway.
3. Warm sauce, gooey cheese, savory spices – Italian food is the best, especially when it’s cold outside. This week, check out Pie Tap Pizza Workshop + Bar inside Village on the Parkway. This new pizza place really hits the spot, with their amazing pasta, salad, sandwiches, sweets, and of course, pizza pies! Be sure to come on Tuesday for $12 pies, Wednesday for $12 Half Birds, Thursday for $12 pastas, and happy hour from 4-6 p.m. Monday-Friday.
4. Also located in Village on the Parkway is Kenny’s Italian Kitchen, home to mouthwatering pasta, meatballs and appetizers. You can’t go wrong with the Spaghetti and “Midnight” Meatballs, the Mushroom Ravioli, the Baked Ziti, the Chicken Parmigiana, the Veal Picatta, or the East Coast Linguini. And when you do decide to dine in this week, be sure to bring an unwrapped toy to be donated for Toys for Tots. When you do, Kenny’s will give you a free appetizer with your meal (so it’s totally a win-win)!
If you’re looking for classy, relaxing music this week, then head to Table 13!
5. With its 1960s atmosphere and elegant design, Table 13 is the perfect place to unwind with a drink or enjoy a nice sit-down dinner with live music. This week, Melani Skybell takes the stage Wednesday, followed by Henry Munoz on Thursday and the Marc Toussaint Combo on Friday and Saturday. All music begins at 6 p.m.
Arts and Entertainment
Celebrate the holiday season in Addison this week!
6. Bundle up and attend Addison Holiday in the Park, taking place at Addison Circle Park instead of the Holiday Open House this year. There will be carolers dressed in classic Christmas garb singing holiday hits on the mainstage, holiday crafts to do with kids and visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus! This free event is taking place from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 6 for Addison residents and their families.
7. Bring your dog to Sidecar Social for Santa Paws at 3 p.m. Dec. 6! The big man in red will be there to take pictures with you and your pup for free! While you’re there, be sure to enjoy good eats and delicious drinks on the spacious, all-season patio as well. It’s a fun way to make holiday memories with your furry friends!