Happy Thanksgiving! Whether you’re celebrating safely with friends and family or your eating turkey for one at home, this is still a festive week in the North Dallas Corridor. From baking and eating to Christmas shopping and checking out pretty lights, there are plenty of ways you can get in the holiday spirit in Addison. Read more tips in our guide of 8 Things To Do This Week next.
Schedule in time for happy hour this week – you deserve it!
1. Come to RA Sushi from 3-7 p.m. or 10 p.m.-close Monday-Saturday, or from 3 p.m.-close Sunday for happy hour specials! In addition to their regular drink and food discounts, this is also a good time to try one of RA’s seasonal cocktails, which will only be available for a limited time. This includes the Sparkling Lychee Sake Sangria Bowl, made with Hendrick’s and prosecco, mixed with lychee puree and lemon sour, and topped with red wine and a bottle of Hana Lychee Sake. You can also get the “RA”ckin’ Cranberry Margarita or the Drunken Matcha Float.
2. Take your happy hour celebration home with a little help from Hopdoddy Burger Bar. Here, you can order one of their amazing to-go margaritas, including the 32-ounce “I Like it on the Rocks” hand-crafted doble fina margarita, or the half-gallon “The Roadie” frozen margarita bag. This will make for a perfect Christmas-movie-watching drink or a great beverage to serve to guests at a holiday celebration. Or, visit the restaurant to try one of their delicious margaritas while you’re out shopping at Village on the Parkway.
Tired of Thanksgiving food? Or, maybe you just need something different after turkey and leftovers. Check out these awesome pubs in Vitruvian Park this week!
3. Hang out on the patio this weekend and enjoy some delicious food from Addison Ice House. This Texas-style pub grub serves everything from BBQ to chicken fingers to street tacos, to ribs, as well as local brews and craft cocktails. Starting Friday, when you sit on the deck of the Ice House you will be treated to spectacular views of Vitruvian Lights.
4. Another delicious pub is the Vitruvian Park Tavern. Here, you will love their fantastic burgers and gourmet sandwiches, grilled cheese with tomato soup, sour cream mashed potatoes, popcorn shrimp and onion dip. If you’re thirsty, then you’re sure to find something you like on their extensive scotch and bourbon collection. This is a great place to take a break from shopping and admire the lights across the street.
Live music is going on every night this week at Arthur’s Steakhouse in Addison!
5. If you like listening to a wide variety of music, moving on a comfortable dance floor and enjoying delicious food and drinks, then you have to visit Arthur’s Steakhouse this week in Addison. They have live music happening every day! No matter what night you stop in, you’ll either here Jose Joel, Russ Warman, Vera Voz, The Enablers or Razzmatazz. So, invite a friend or bring a date and get ready to let loose with talented local musicians!
Arts and Entertainment
It’s the most wonderful time of the year in Addison! Check out these holiday events happening this week.
6. Can you believe it’s almost time for Vitruvian Lights once again? This spectacular Addison tradition is returning to Vitruvian Park in Addison from Nov. 27-Jan. 3, where the trees in the park will be lit with colorful LED lights every night from 5-11 p.m. Although there will be no special events held this year due to COVID-19, this free event will still be an amazing experience to walk or drive through (and take plenty of pictures of, too!).
7. During this shopping weekend, be sure to stop by Village on the Parkway on Saturday for Small Business Saturday. Local businesses with the sign “Small Business Saturday” on their windows will be offering cool discounts and deals for savvy shoppers. This is a great way to help the community and get amazing gifts for friends and family at the same time.
8. Head to Galleria Dallas for all your shopping needs this Black Friday! While you’re there, be sure to check out the DFW Rescue Me, which will be onsite so families can adopt a new dog this holiday season. You can also give back by adopting an angel on the Salvation Army Angel Tree to shop or go see Santa on his socially distanced sleigh.