Thanksgiving may be a day of rest, good food and family, but the week before is a time of stress, baking like crazy and getting everything ready for the holiday. This week, make sure to take a few deep breaths, then find time to do something for yourself. Unwind with a cold beer, listen to live music, or get in the Christmas spirit early with a cool local event or movie. Learn more in our guide of 7 Things To Do This Week, below!
Beer is the classic happy hour drink. Find it at one of these Addison bars!
1. Every Monday-Thursday from 4-7 p.m. (and all-day Friday), The Back 9 hosts happy hour specials. While enjoying a cold drink, you can also play arcade games or Giant Jenga, or watch one of the big screen plasma TVs. Be sure to stop by Wednesday, Friday or Saturday night for a live DJ and Thursday night for Karaoke Lotto!
2. At Ron’s Place, you can order from your choice of 32 unique craft beers, including local Texas beers! The English-style pub offers $3 Texas beers on Tuesdays, $5 Whiskey Wednesdays, late night happy hour from 11 p.m.-1 a.m. on Fridays and $5 select Texas whiskeys on Saturdays. Come in for a pint and watch your stress melt away.
You can’t go wrong with delicious wings this weekend.
3. Celebrate Wing Wednesday (or any day that ends in “y”) at Lazy Dog’s latest culinary creation: Jolene’s Wings! For takeout or delivery, you can order fantastic wings in a wide range of flavors, from Nashville Hot to Kung Pao to Smokey BBQ. Pair your favorite four-pack of Lazy Dog beers with it, as well as Cajun fries or onion rings for a delicious at-home meal!
4. Another fantastic wing joint in town is Plucker’s Wing Bar. Start with fried pickles or waffles and cheese, then order as many boneless or bone-in wings as your heart desires. Some of the tasty flavors include Maple Chipotle, Vampire Killer, Spicy Lemon Pepper, Ginger Peach Sriracha and more. You can also get tasty sandwiches, salads, sides and desserts (like fried Twinkies!) here.
Dance to live music in Addison this week.
5. Live music at Sidecar Social always kicks off Wednesday nights at 8 p.m. with live band karaoke featuring Time Machine! Later in the week, listen to Chet Stevens at 7 p.m. Nov. 19, Michael Webb at 7 p.m. Nov. 20, Limelight at 9 p.m. Nov. 20 and Live 5 Band at 9 p.m. Nov. 21.
Arts and Entertainment
Feeling Christmassy? Celebrate the holiday season early in Addison, whether you go out or stay home.
6. The holiday season at Galleria Dallas is always a spectacular event (don’t believe me? Just check out the nation’s largest indoor Christmas tree on the ice rink). This week, you can also see Chamberlain Ballet’s performance of Nutcracker Sweets on Saturday, as well as a cookbook signing from celebrity chef Katie Dixon, who is a MasterChef and Food Network star! While you’re there, be sure to check out the Fashion Meets Mask exhibit, through Nov. 30, featuring amazing face masks created by designers, celebrities and athletes and benefitting Fashion Group International. Finally, beginning Friday, Nov. 20, you can board the North Pole Express for a virtual or in-person visit with Santa in his sleigh or check out Snow Day Dallas, a magical and immersive Christmas experience that will give you tons of awesome content for your Instagram feed!
7. If you prefer a cozy holiday experience at home in Addison, then turn on your Christmas lights and play one of the amazing holiday movies on Netflix right now! Some of the most exciting new releases include Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey, starring Forest Whitaker, Keegan-Michael Key and Hugh Bonneville. This tells the story of a once joyful toymaker who was betrayed by a trusted apprentice, leaving his life in ruins until he finds new hope from his loving granddaughter (it’s definitely a tear-jerker!). Another good one is Holidate, starring Emma Roberts, Luke Bracey and Kristin Chenoweth. When two strangers are tired of being single on the holidays, they agree to be each other’s platonic plus-ones all year long – which definitely leads to real feelings along the way (c’mon, you knew it was coming). There are so many options, you are set all season long!